IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, November 23, 2015

National Cashew Day!

Well it looks like summer is officially over. Man I hate cold weather. I look forward to the thermometer dropping out of the 90's like most others but the 40 degree crap is just wrong. Thank God we're in Texas and it will be back in the 70s tomorrow.
My good friend Jim put together a "retirement" party for me Saturday. It was awesome. I want to thank all of you who showed up and some of you who didn't. I hope everyone had as good a time as I did.
Well it seems I've hit a road block in trying to get parts for the old trailer. It's been over a month since I first ordered the drip rail/jrail which I need to make the bug waterproof. I'm not blaming Dues Camper but I'm not getting the warm fuzzy feeling I need. Time will tell. I finished the forward dining area / bunk and momma has approved the shape and size. Now I'll pull everything out and wait for the rail. After I can get it water tight we'll look at flooring, then ceiling.
Sounds like a great time to go put the center console back in the boat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Alan to you and your family. Congrat's on retiring, welcome to our world where Monday has a whole new meaning.

Great that you're back to the blog.

Good luck with your camper!!!

Suz