IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, November 5, 2015

I'm Outta Here !



What a long strange trip it’s been…..
I started in the Aerospace business in June of 1985 with Barrios Technology. The IBM PC and PC XT were the industry standard. The XT had a 10M hard drive and a staggering 128k of RAM. You read that right. The phone in your pocket blows those numbers away. After 11 incredible years I moved to Lockheed which was about to become Lockheed Martin. 19 years later I am in need of a break and the timing could not be better. My co-workers and myself here in the Houston area have been steadily working our way out of a job for years and my turn is here. With the average desktop PC now sporting gigabytes of RAM and a terabyte or more of hard drive space the evolution is apparent. As is my time to bail. 99% of the time it was a blast. The rest of the time I choose not to dwell on. I have had the pleasure of working with Astronauts, REAL Rocket Scientists, and some of the brightest people I will ever meet. What an experience. The International Space Station just celebrated its’ 15th anniversary and when I came aboard one of my first tasks was to support the documentation group that was responsible for taking notes at all the meetings on the design of the thing. The Space Shuttle Discovery had just launched and was the 18th Orbiter launch that carried a mission status. We lost Challenger the following January. That was a little too close to home as I know the Onizuka family and worked with his wife Lorna but we all knew it was part of the job, like it or don’t. Well the Shuttle program has come and gone, The ISS is often visible in the night sky and It’s time for me to go do something else for a while. 
Like work on my camper. What are the odds I can get my windows in before it rains? Odds?


No comments: