IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, October 26, 2015

Rain, rain


go away….I emptied my rain gauge Saturday morning. It was full at 5 inches. I emptied it again Sunday with another 5 inches and last night before dark it was back up to 1 ½. That’s a lot of rain. 

Well, we needed to know if Bug had any leaks. Now there is no doubt. My YouTube connection has confirmed that my lack of j rail is the source of my woe. Went to Dues Campers in Dickenson on Friday and ordered 64 feet of drip /j rail. Depending on who you talk to it changes names. Moving along, the new floor is in. Glued, screwed and bolted to the frame. Now we have to plug the leaks in all those windows before it turns in to a rolling fishbowl.  Next size up some cabinets and a sofa bed frame. 
We think it's a 1964 Aljo. At least that's what it says on the last few Bills of Sale. If you have any input I'd love to hear it. It's 17' and change from bumper to ball. Off we go.


Ready for the Clear Lake Shores BBQ Cook Off? Last day to register is Sunday so don't dawdle!

And just in case you didn't know, It's National Mule Day. Thank a Mule.

1 comment:

Tom J said...

Welcome back to the Interweb! Showing off the new project. I've seen a trend in the neighborhood.