IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It's National Hug a G.I. Day

yeah, yeah, yeah, i know. I just lost my mojo. I'm not saying it's back but I am fired up. The very short version is some of your friends and neighbors want the Islander back in hard copy form. This is not what lit the fire. I would sorta like to see it back too and I know a lot of folks that think tht way also. I read 5 or 6 papers a day. All e versions. It's the way the world is moving. Like it don;t like I don't care. But that's what it is. I will admit I have not read it once since it went digital either, but you know what? That's on me. That's like like leaving the old hard copy in the driveway until Mother Nature has her way with it. Same same. I am betting it will be THE topic of conversation at Thursday's Civic Club Meeting. What has me lit up is that I learned Wells Fargo is going to sue the Civic Club for money the club does not have all over a stupid printer that worked two of our friends and neighbors half to death over the past 6 years. Before you launch on me let me say, I get it. The Club signed a lease and we did not live up to our end of the bargain. I get it. But we are quickly approaching the old blood and turnip scenario here. When does an organization the size of WellsgoddamFargo realize what is actually going on and cut their losses? It looks like they won't be happy til the Club files for dissolution or bankruptcy. That is what has me fired up. Is that really in anyone's bet interest? I guarantee I'm worth more in bad press than they will ever get out the the Club. A lot of us have put more than a little effort in to the Club over the past umpteen years and really don't want to see it play out like this. There may not be any other way but I really hope one will be found. And THAT is what pisses me off.
See you at the Civic Club meeting Thursday? Come on down, it should be a hoot.

And a huge thanks to all who made the 13th annual Mancakes a record breaker. The kitchen team the floor team and all our wonderful friends and neighbors who came out and had breakfast with us. God willing we'll do it again next year.

No comments: