IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Not only is it New Years Eve



It’s also Make up your mind day. New Years Eve 2014. Ready or not tomorrow is 2015. Took a peek at last years 1/1 post and it had these little jewels, The Texans have a new coach, The Sandbar should be open this year and so should Chill. Did I mention I talked to Frank a couple of weeks ago? He has a new guy stepping up to get Chill back on track. One out of three eh? Well Chill is in the hands of the Micro Brew outfit and I hope that’s coming along. Anyone heard any news on that? I did get a chance to talk to Roxanne earlier this summer but when I asked her what the latest was all I got was a “UGH!”
Speaking of numbers, this blog is coming up on its 4th anniversary. Can you believe it ? 1,435 days ago was the first post. For the numerically challenged it was January 26, 2011. And here we are 802 posts later. 6,200 comments have been posted and most of them are still up. One or two trolls have been deleted just because I can.Those numbers make up the 380,397 pageviews. Whodda thunk it.
I hope everyone made their kids go out and play in the snow that was provided by the City on Monday. Aside from the annual city event and the odd snow day at Stewart it was ten years ago when we had our White Christmas. Statistically it will be 182 years before we have another. I won’t wait up. Resolutions anyone? I’m gonna pass this year so don’t blow me any crap if you see me out walking around the island.
Lot’s of changes going on all around us. Just look at all the new homes going up. With the exception of the idento-boxes next to me on Pine they are pretty cool. We really should have an ordinance just for the money bags that don’t live here but buy the dirt to build spec houses. Nothing against capitalism mind you just don’t make your cheap shit that you will never see because you don’t live here identical sitting RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. What a D bag. That’s why we moved here wasn’t it? Because it was different? If you want every 4th house to look the same move to League City right? And here I have identical twin spec homes two doors down. Bad Karma.
Who’s little sailboat sank on South Shore down at Narcissus? Cute little boat stuck in mud. Oh well.
Happy New Year Clear Lake Shores




“Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every New Year find you a better man.”—Benjamin Franklin

No comments: