IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Karma?

It's National Cat day, Hermit day and Oatmeal day. These seem oddly connectable. Maybe it's just me. 

Sorry I missed the CLSPD Fund Raiser but I hear from the Chief it was a success.  This from the Chief.
"...Yes sir, the Costume party was terrific.
Absolutely a GREAT success in my book!
After all expenses were paid, we will deposit a whopping $3,497.00 into the PD special equipment fund.
I just can’t find enough words to express my sincere appreciation to everyone for their Support to the police department.
Thank you again Allan for all your help in getting the word out!
Sincerely,
Chief Cook"

Thanks to all who were able to attend.

The "final" number from Barktoberfest was well over $18K. THere were a ton of volunteers who all deserve a fair share of thanks but in my book it is the maestro who eventually gets the credit. Whether it be good or not so much, at the end of the game there is only one coach and Susan Adams rocked it. 

From our Amigo, Senor Beans,
Hey Guys and Gals!

It's that time again.  Tomorrow night, Wednesday - Oct 29th, I will be back at T-Bone Tom's Backyard.  Music is from 6 ~ 10PM and I hear there are several folks already in full Halloween mode who will be coming in costume.  What the heck....it's Hump Day!  Why not start a little early?

Don't forget Happy Hour from 5 ~ 6:30....this is the best HH menu in town!
Great food, great prices and a lot of fun music!  See ya there?  Si, you're there!  *;) winking

PS:  I checked with Barry...he assures me that the BIG open space in front of the stage is a dance floor....bring your dancing shoes!

Senor Beans
832 857 2326


From the Club Secretary:
Get your goblins ready for a spooktacular good time at the Civic Club Kids Halloween Party October 31, 4:00 to 6:00 at the club house.
A big THANK YOU to volunteer chair AMY HOPSON and SARAH BREEN for stepping forward to make this happen.


Something new at the BBQ Cookoff!
All,

We have a group of Antique Pickers coming to the BBQ to show off some items and also answer questions people might have about antique items they have hanging around.

I think it will be some fun entertainment for the BBQ.

From Neighbor Diane:
My name is Diane Johnson. The last two Christmas seasons I have collected stuffed animals for Harbor View nursing home in League City. Last year we had one for almost every resident.I deliver them on Christmas morning with my Daughter and a friend. The residents seem to like this tradition. I live at 226 Narcissus and there will be a black box near our front door. I am collecting new or gently loved stuffed animals. If you can help, please feel free to place donations in the box. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks Allan. If you need me my phone number is 281-352-3200.







DONT FORGET TO VOTE!
"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting.

No comments: