IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

NATIONAL PLAY-DOH DAY

National Play-Doh Day is celebrated annually on September 16th.  Play-Doh inventor Joe McVicker actually sold it originally as a wallpaper cleaner but the world had another use for his product.  Play-Doh was inducted into the Toy Hall of Fame in 1998.

City Council meeting tonight. To see the agenda look right over there and click on the City link. Agendas are on the first page.

Here’s a shout out to Pricilla the D for organizing the 5th annual Block Party. It was a lot of fun getting out to visit old neighbors and meet some new ones and have a nosh. If you were lucky enough to be there and smart enough to get one of Adelia's Blueberry muffins then you know what I’m talking about. Adelia my dear, Those were yummy beyond definition. And a thanks to JT for providing the live music.

As to Orange trees, While I was really inclined to follow the sage advice of the Zen Gardener I did cave and neuter my poor little tree. Neuter mat not be the correct word since he (she?) still has two rather manly sized appendages, hanging nicely I might add. I snipped it near the top and the antenna part was taller than the regular part of tree.  We shall see.

More on Barktoberfest. Go check this out.
http://clscivicclub.com/Barktoberfest/volunteer.html

No comments: