IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, August 29, 2014

Numbers, we got numbers

But first, Happy Birthdays to Nancy S. and Lisa F.! and many more lovely neighbors and members of the Pine Street Gang.

And if that's not enough excitement for you it’s also National College Colors day, So there.

Hard to believe this blog is still banging along after 3 1/2 years. Thanks. I think. We sure have come a long way…..mostly together. Today's post will be number 752 since January 26th 2011.
354,970 are how many page views there have been in that time.

7,252 just last month.
6,012 are how many comments have been left and that doesn’t count the 5 that are being held (by me) in limbo. They have been deemed unworthy.
117 Shopping days ’till Christmas. Didn't that just make your day.

93 days left in Hurricane season
72 Friends and neighbors who are registered Followers of this blog
50 days is all you have to wait for one of the biggest outings the Island has seen, Yep, Barktoberfest is almost here.
10 different countries have regular readers of this blog.Go figure. Latvia?
8 and it’s Jammin’ On Jarboe. If memory serves it’s an Island fave, the Level One Band. I’ll verify that with Dennis.
0 Days till I go retrieve my 22 foot lawn ornament from the boat doctors.
It's official, IT has become a project.....

Just when you thought it was safe to start talking about ducks again. Some neighbors on Narcissus are wondering what to do about their duck problem. IT seems one of their across the street neighbors really enjoys feeding them but you know how ducks are, they have no respect for property lines. Whenthey are full of food they wander across the street and dump all over the place. The dumpees are kinda bashful and haven’t said anything yet but my suggestion and I think a lot of yours is to talk to your neighbor. I have no idea how that conversation will go but it’s the best place to start.



Check out this little guy. I found him hangin' out on my Key Lime tree(bush). THis is not the ugliest bug I've ever seen but it's damn sure in the top 3. Google said it's camo is meant to resemble bird droppings. Nailed it. We think it's eventually going to be a Giant Swallowtail. Sooner the better in my book.








This just in from Senor Beans
Hey Gang! Tomorrow night (Friday the 29th) Senor Beans rides again!

This is probably my last HH at Noah's this year so let's make it a good one. I will be taking a GOOD nap Friday afternoon so I can rock all night. Get yourself one too and let's to it to it!

7PM til the Captain makes me stop! Noah's Ark Bar & Grills

Have a great Labor Day Weekend Clear Lake Shores!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Permanent solution to duck problems

Charcoal and orange sauce. Too bad you can't eat Mosquitos and fire ants

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to the crazy lady that was feeding the ducks every night. Did the coyotes and gators finally get her

Anonymous said...

Old news but I never got to thank council for bouncing yachty gras. I can't wait for it though so I can not support it or go to it like I foolishly did last year. I know for a fact there are some very keen eyes on them this year who will be watching and demanding to see the books. Non profits are under strict rules yachty gras folks so watch you p's and q's.

Anonymous said...

If you want to support the recipients of yachty gras financial harvest find out who they are and send them a Check directly instead of the leaders of this pathetic parade

Bonifay said...

Hi! My name is Bonifay Water Dog, and I would be happy to help you islanders out with your duck problem. I am cheap and quick. Quicker than a winged duck! For the mere fee of all the duck I can catch , I’d be happy to rid the island of the foul water fowl. You only have to distract my owners so I can get out of the yard.
Some of you may have seen me in action – my humans were not so pleased, but it was a sight to behold. I was right on that ducks tail as it flew at nose height from CLR and Juniper to CLR and Forest – taking a dog leg right on Forest I caught up with it. My owners’ golf cart was no match for my speed, by the time he got there I got my first taste of its soft white and black feathers – yummy, no orange sauce needed. No harm, no fowl – just a few feathers and a beak beating from the duck and a ride home in the golf cart.