IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Sunday, August 24, 2014

National Peach Pie Day

Happy Anniversary to my lovely wife of 20 years. We went to a local favorite last night. Opus Bistro as it is officially known but we just call it Opus. I met Charlie for the first time last night. What a nice guy. And what a First Class dinner we had. I had one of the best Ribeye’s I’ve ever had. And coming from this confirmed carnivore that says a lot. Melinda is still going on about her Fettuccine Aspen. The other treat was something brand new. In my not so short time on this planet I have never had a martini. Well, Christine was our server last night and she hooked a brother up. She personally stuffed some awesome green olives with some yummy Gorganzola for my vodka martini. She told me what all was in it but by the time I got to the bottom of the Ketel One most of my brain cells reset to zero so you’ll have to stop by and have one for yourself. The place was packed so I’m glad we made a res for 7 o’clock. One of the best parts was seeing all the familiar faces come in the door. It was almost like going to a Civic Club function only with Martinis. The In-Laws are coming over from England in November and we’ve already made plans to treat them to a night at Opus’. Charlie, Job well done and we will definately see you more often.

And then, to make it the absolutely PERFECT night, The Texans beat the Broncos! thankyouthankyouthankyou.

Want to see a real Space Ship? Look up
Time: Sun Aug 24 8:56 PM, Visible: 3 min, Max Height: 58 degrees, Appears: NNW, Disappears: ESE


First Day of School tomorrow. Do I hafta tell you to put down your damn cell phone in a school zone?


No comments: