IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, July 11, 2014

National Mojito Day



Where is Tommy Delasandri when you need him? Remember him and Marci’s Mojito Parties under the palapa? And for all the animal lovers on this Island it’s All American Pet Photo Day. And just for Neighbors Steve, Tom Charlie and Rob, It’s Collector Car Appreciation Day. Did you motor heads know you had your own day? Well there ya go.

A follow on to that second item reminds of the old “definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” I have received several emails asking me to remind folks that Coyotes still eat cats. I would post it here but the folks that let their cats out at night don’t read this blog. Since Coyotes were here 40,000 years before we started providing them with a nightly buffet I see no reason for them to go anywhere so one would assume that if ones neighbor continues to place ones cat out at night ….au revior Fifi.

On cameras. I suggest before anyone goes and gets too excited just think about this. Everyone you know has one in their pocket. At any given time you and I are about 30 seconds from being a Youtube moment. Now there’s a camera on CLR? And? I guess it all depends on how much you trust the folks who own it. Have a great weekend y’all.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

With today being Collector Car Appreciation Day, does that mean I can expect all of my friends (both of them) to offer me a complimentary adult beverage tonight at Sunset Park? Just thinkin' (or hopin', too!).

Rob prefers vodka, Charlie prefers O.P. beer, and I'm unsure what Tom's drink of choice is. By the way, O.P. beer for the uninformed is Other People's beer.

sw

Steve W.

Anonymous said...

That cameras are a great addition.

Anonymous said...

Interesting agenda for tonight's CC. Pool intruders can be fined! $500.00 each offense. No to vinyl on the pavilion. There goes the breeze.

Anonymous said...

Say no to closing off the pavillion. Rosy will be ok if she only has to listen to it once a month during the summer. (Y'all go out to dinner or something - or, come join the fun) If she really wants to contribute to improving the atmosphere around here maybe she can add some garage doors to her own garage and hide that old Beverly Hillbilly truck.

Anonymous said...

I think the vinyl for the pavillion is more for cold and rainy days when we want to enjoy. I am pretty sure it will be removed to allow breeze during nice days

Roselyn said...

I know of 8 people on Cedar and E Shore who have complained in writing to the city over the years about loud music in Jarboe park. I have saved those letters if anyone would like to see them. So, if you want to think that I am the only one who finds loud music inappropriate in the middle of a residentially zoned neighborhood, then you are uninformed.

Roselyn

Anonymous said...

What is a "pool intruder" - Do they strike in the dead of night or come disguised as children with noodles blazing to breach the locked gate?