IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, June 6, 2014

Thank You

My Uncle, Richard Duszynski, was there. I can only imagine.
"This tiny sliver of land...Changed the course of human history" HRH Queen Elizabeth

It's also National Donut Day.

The latest from our very own Senor Beans;
Hey Y'all!
Here is my music schedule for June 2014.  It is very lean for the first two weeks because we will be taking some chill time (Port A here we come!).  
The schedule has been very full with private events the last couple of months, but I have four open events this month.  Hope to see you at one or more of these shows for a little R&R!
June 19th, Thursday 7:30 ~ 11:30.
Amadeus Italian Restaurant and Bar - Kemah
This will be my first appearance here, but we have become regular patrons of this place.  It is a very nice restaurant with a "secret spot" feel.  Good folks, great bar and atmosphere!
 June 21st, Saturday 3 ~ 8 PM,  Houston Parrot Head Club Summer Luau!
HPC members free, non-members $10 at the door.  Live music starts at 5PM.
The Bayou Sports Bar And Grill
June 27th, Friday 7~10PM, Galveston Bat Parrot Head Club Friday Night
Open to all!  No cover.  We rock this bayside hideaway every Friday night.  Come on down!
Noah's Ark Bar & Grill
BEST CREW AND VIEW ON GALVESTON BAY!!!
June 28th, Saturday 7 ~ 11 PM, Aspens Bar and Grill, Clear Lake Shores
The coolest little Saturday night hangout in the Bay Area.  Great pizza and sandwiches and a killer bar...oh, and the music is a lot of fun too!

Summertime!
Senor Beans
Ate three too 857 2326

Pool stuff here:
And coming right up is 
Steak and Sinatra Night!
June 21st at the Club House.

 


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tonight is the first Boardwalk Fireworks!

Anonymous said...

Our dogs will be SO pleased....

Anonymous said...

Just talk with them about it….I had a discussion with my dog last year and made it very clear I could care less what he thinks about the fireworks, or anything else. Depending on breed you may need google translator to get your point across.

Afghan breeds - أنا لا تعطي الخراء
German breeds– Ich scheiß' d'rauf
Chihuahua or spanish breeds - no doy una mierda
French breeds - je ne donne pas une merde
Irish breeds - Is cuma liom
Dutch breeds- Ik geef een shit

good luck.

suzanne hubbard said...

Please consider giving Water Aerobics a try even if you haven't exercised ever. The resistance of the water makes it more effective. The instructor will modify for beginners or tell how to make the exercises more intense. Hope to see you there!

Anonymous said...

I hope I heard this wrong this morning. The roses outside of the Club Hse are being torn out...due to maintenance issues. Seriously? Can someone volunteer to care for them instead?

Anonymous said...

I beg your pardon,
I never promised you a rose garden.

Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight - you are really pissed about nobody caring for the roses at the Club house. I am not even sure that is true and there could be good reason such as disease. You think that if you are unhappy with something your neighbors should give their time to make sure things are done your way. Seriously!

Anonymous said...

No shit get your ass out and take care of them. That has to be the laziest thing I've heard in years.

Anonymous said...

I noticed the police cars aren't as clean as I would like for them to be could someone volunteer to go clean them for me

Anonymous said...

I've noticed that there aren't as many childish petty remarks on the comments section as I would like to see. Could someone step up and spew more of your ignorance for me

Anonymous said...

Just turn on the television and listen to Obummer, Pelosi, or Reid when they open their mouths if you want to see & hear more childish behavior.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I don't volunteer. It's below me. I'm better at being lazy and asking for everyone else who already volunteers to GIVE MORE BLOOD!

Signed,
Someone who should consider helping vs complaining once in a while