IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Saturday, May 24, 2014

It's National Scavenger Hunt Day

And National Escargot Day. At least one sounds like fun. Bon appetite?

Way more important, It's Memorial Day Weekend, Not only the official start of summer but a great time to give a thought to all those who gave all. The ultimate sacrifice. We all know someone.

Yes it is a somber occasion. As it should be. And there are those who think the 9th Annual Drag Race should not be held on this particular weekend. To them I say what better weekend. I say this as a Vietnam veteran. Why did I volunteer 4 years of my time for a whopping $288 a month, or for that matter why did you if not to defend our freedom of speech. As much as Hanoi Jane still irks me that was her right. I don't have to agree with it but I don't have to like it. And don't get me started on burning my flag. The drag race is nothing more than a hoot. Kid oriented? There will be a hundred kids there. There have been kids in the race. There is nothing going on here that you don't see on TV. So take a deep breath, it'll be ok. 

We made the Houston Chronicle front page TWICE! Once as a perrenial Speed trap location and Once for our Farmers Market. Thanks Chief for keeping us safe. Keep up the good work. And Great Job to the whole Farmers Market crew.

Have a safe weekend y'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone notice the flags for each military branch are not up at Lowell Brown's Sundial Park?

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend a handyman/service? Have some small carpentry and odd jobs that need doing. Help! Thank you.