IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, April 21, 2014

It's San Jacinto Day!



178 years ago General Sam Houston defeated General Santa Ana right around the corner from here at San Jacinto. Here’s a bonus question, What was San Jacinto named after? Happy Birthday Texas and to my bud Larry Wayne Lindelow. I think Larry was at the battle, off on the side lines because he was too old to fight.

I hope you had a great Easter. As always it was a fantastic turn out at Deep Hole Park for the Sunrise Service. Fog and all. I gotta admit the preacher rolled with it. Job well done all the way around.
Team Dowell worked their magic at the fish fry. Not only did they cook all that awesome fish, they bought and donated all that awesome fish to your Civic Club for this little fund raiser. That’s pretty cool. One more reason why I love living here. Thanks all the way around Dowells!
I got the chance to drop in on the Deviled Egg-stravaganza put on by Caldwells. It’s sorta like art you can eat. Tasty, tasty art. You haven’t lived till you’ve had one of Diana Chronisters Deviled Scotch Egg. And the Eggs with Caviar? Yum! Pass the Rolaids.

I was coming back on the Island early Sunday morning. I made a trip to Shipley’s for the Sunrise Service crowd and was treated to the sight of our brand new street lamps in action. I think they look awesome. It will be really cool when they bury some of the power lines. Very nice indeed.

In case you missed it we have another celebrity artist amongst us. Roselyn Pierce will have some of her awesome photo art available at the Art Walk in Galveston. “I also will have my photo art hanging at Affaire d Art on Postoffice for Art walk so please pop in and see me too” Thanks for the heads up Roselyn, If MJ and I get a chance to do the Art Walk again this year we’ll definitely stop by.  Neighbors, If you haven’t seen some of Roselyn’s art on Facebook or hanging in some of the local business’ you need to check it out at the Art Walk. If you miss it you’re cheating yourself.



Bay Area Habitat for Humanity
is starting a Restore in our area. Restores resell donations of new or used building materials, appliances, or furnishings to raise funds to build more HFH houses for their partner families.
To donate, volunteer, or get more info, contact Roger Nylin Rnylin@comcast.net
(281) 65zero-6zero8nine


Island Wide Garage Sale
Sat., May 10th, 2014

Mark your calendars!  Clean out your closets!  It’s time once again to get ready for the CLS Annual Island Wide Garage Sale.  This year’s event is scheduled for Saturday, May 10th, with a rain date of Saturday, May 17th.  The Civic Club will be selling food and drinks in the City Hall Parking Lot, and also on the North side of the Island. 

As usual, all the proceeds from this great community event will go to the Civic Club.  Volunteers are needed to hand out maps, and cook and sell refreshments.

If you are interested in helping out please contact:
Diana & Bryan Hoerner
dianahoerner1@gmail.com
7one3-4one0-874nine


THe Original Search Engine
for The Whole Wide World
Jeep

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see it mentioned, but I took my kiddo to the kids Easter egg hunt and it was a lot of fun. Lots of cakes and pies to win and snacks for all. I've never seen so many eggs to find. Great party for the youngest amongst us.

Anonymous said...

According to our landscape contractor for the Town Center: "we were hand watering yesterday. The outer row of Frawns will die back from transplant shock. This is normal we have been monitoring the moisture on the trees. The controller is now under power but we will continue to monitor the trees to make sure that they are adequately moist."