Happy Good Friday everyone!
Just a reminder of our weekend activities around the island:
Kids Easter Party: Easter egg hunt, lots of fun activities and a cake walk- Fun begins at 10:00 at the Pavilion. (If you're donating a baked item, don't forget to drop them off today or early tomorrow at the Wards home.)
* Sunrise Easter Service - 6:30 at Deep Hole Park. Coffee and donuts provided. It's a great way to start Easter day and remember what it's all about - so come join us - it's going to be very nice!
* Fish Fry - 1:00 - 3:00 at the Pavilion. $10 per plate. Fried fish, hushpuppies, sides, a soft drink/bottled water and desserts provided. If you want to donate a side or dessert item, please feel free to bring it - home cooked foods donated by you are the best!
* Eggstravaganza competition also starts at 1:00 at the pavilion. Prizes will be awarded to the winners.
* A scavenger hunt has also been organized for the kids - 1st and 2nd place winners will receive a gift certificate.
If you can volunteer to help set up or clean up for the fish fry, we definitely need you! Set up - we need you around 11:00 am on Sunday at the Pavilion. For clean up volunteers - just stay afterwards to help.
* We'll also be accepting new members and early renewals of existing members for the Civic Club membership during the fish fry - Club Membership for 2014 is $20 per household - and you receive a free Club cookbook (while supplies last) when you sign up and pay this Sunday! If you already have a cookbook, this would make a nice gift for someone else!
It's going to be a great weekend - I truly hope you can join us for all or some of it and show your support of our Civic Club! A HUGE thank you to all our fabulous volunteers that make this work. We couldn't do it without you!
From neighbor Phil
Could you announce on blog that Bay Area Habitat for Humanity is starting a Restore in our area. Restores resell donations of new or used building materials, appliances, or furnishings to raise funds to build more HFH houses for their partner families.
To donate, volunteer, or get more info, contact Roger Nylin Rnylin@comcast.net
How about this from a neighbor done good!
Third Coast Gallery Presents
Group Exhibit April 26 to June 5 2014
Join us For Art Walk
Reception 6 to 9 PM April 26, 2014
Third Coast Gallery Since 1985
2413 Mechanics, Galveston,TX 77558Phone 40nine nine47 466one
Island Wide Garage Sale
Sat., May 10th, 2014
Mark your calendars! Clean out your closets! It’s time once again to get ready for the CLS Annual Island Wide Garage Sale. This year’s event is scheduled for Saturday, May 10th, with a rain date of Saturday, May 17th. The Civic Club will be selling food and drinks in the City Hall Parking Lot, and also on the North side of the Island.
As usual, all the proceeds from this great community event will go to the Civic Club. Volunteers are needed to hand out maps, and cook and sell refreshments.
If you are interested in helping out please contact:
Diana & Bryan Hoerner
Happy Easter everyone.