IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, April 10, 2014

April 10th Is ..........

NATIONAL ALCOHOL SCREENING DAY. Nuf Said. It’s also NATIONAL FARM ANIMALS DAY imagine that.

Neighbor Glen has an awesome marker for the time capsule the Civic Club buried some 10 years ago. Trouble is “they” moved it. We can get real close but, What I’m looking to borrow for a bit is a) a metal detector and b) a hand held GPS. The plan is to locate the capsule, get the lat / long and engrave it on the stone marker. The open on date will also be etched on the stone. Only 40 years to go. I plan on being there how about you?

The Easter Fish Fry is right around the corner too. President Debbie is looking for a few folks to volunteer. Team Dowell is doing the frying so you know you don’t want to miss this.

I hear May 3rd is the first Jammin’ on Jarbo. Guess what, I also hear our opening act is the Level 1 Band. In case that name doesn’t ring a bell they were the band with the Motown sound and the Michael Jackson act right up front. They are also the band that has drawn the largest ever crowd to the Paul Shelley pavilion. I am stoked.

So what’s your take on the Mars light?


An organization is like a tree full of monkeys, all on different limbs at different levels. The monkeys on top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. The monkeys on the bottom look up and see nothing but assholes.


2 comments:

suzanne hubbard said...

My calendar is marked for the May 3rd Jammin. So glad that band is returning! If you missed them the first round you don't want to miss them again. Way to go!

fathom said...

They really were a fun band. One thing that really stood out that night, beside the great people and music, was the number of kids out dancing in front of the band. I have my calendar marked as well, good job to all for getting them scheduled to help us kick off a great CLS summer.
See you all out there! Jimmy