IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, March 21, 2014

TGIF

See you at the soup cook-off tomorrow at the Club House!
 Happy Friday, that's all I got.

I hate it when I think I'm buying ORGANIC vegetables but when I get home I discover they're REGULAR donuts.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

CLS. Sargent Phil Gist won 550k for being harassed by former boss , Pam Matranga . Go Phil ! You are a great asset to CLS . Thanks Chief Cook for hiring him !

Anonymous said...

Here is a really dumb question. Is it okay to charge a golf cart with a car battery charger?

Anonymous said...

Wish we had recycle containers in the parks. Shoot, they could raise funds if they collected all the canned drinks.

Tom J said...

You have to charge the batteries ndividually. If you have a charger with 6 or 12 volt settings you can charge 6 volt batteries individually or in pairs with the proper setting. Some carts have 12 volt batteries, so you are good there too. You can't do this with 48 volt carts that have six 8 volt batteries. You need to make sure to charge them all completely because it isn't good to have different levels of charge in the set which isn't a problem with using the proper charger. I would only do this as a temporary solution until you get the correct charger. Anyone esle feel free to chime in if I missed something.

Anonymous said...

Not a moment too soon..." " house is for sale!!!!!!!!!

james mago said...

Tom J is right on.

It would be wise, though, to buy a good cart charger in the 3 to 400 dollar range. Do you really want to be messing with battery connections every time you charge?

Why a "good" charger? Batteries are expensive. House fires are really expensive!

Anonymous said...

Rare to get answers, yet alone from two brilliant guys. Thank you James and Tom. Already purchased a new charger.

Anonymous said...

Please help Tami sell her house.

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for " "'s new neighbors. I wonder if anyone in CLS has talked to her the last 5 yrs. Well, other than cuss words. My all time favorite was her leaving a Council Mtg. (remember how she would dash out of the mtgs. - not linger and mingle like many do now). She was wearing a pink shirt. Some guy yelled, "You pink piece of $hit!" It was a classic moment. I thought it was so fitting.

Anonymous said...

How much money got donated to sea scouts from parade ?