In 1990, the United States Congress designated March 25th, of each year, as National Medal of Honor Day, a day that is dedicated to all Medal of Honor recipients.
It was on March 25, 1863 when the first Medals of Honor were
presented. Secretary of War, Edwin Stanton presented Medals of Honor
(Army) to six members of ”Andrews Raiders” for their volunteering and
participation during an American Civil War raid in April of 1862.
Created in 1861, the Medal of Honor is the United States of America’s
highest military honor. It is awarded only to US military personnel,
by the President of the United States in the name of Congress, for
personal acts of valor above and beyond the call of duty.
There are three versions of the Medal of Honor, one for the Army, one
for the Navy and one for the Air Force, with personnel of the Marine
Corps and the Coast Guard receiving the Navy version.
Since its creation, there have been 3, 468 Medals of Honor awarded to
the country’s soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and coast guardsmen.
and for all you Aggie's and FAA wannabes' it's Nat'l AG Day too.
Looks like I dropped the ball on National Melba Toast day. It was yesterday. I kid you not.
I also dropped the ball big time and missed the dang Soup Cook-Off. I hope you had a chance to stop buy and sample all the yummy goodness. Raynel Ward won First Place, Danny the O took home People's Choice and Cindy Walbe won Best Presentation. Good Job Y'all!
Civic Club meeting is next Thursday. Don't miss it. We need your votes on our new slate of officers.
This from your WCID #12 rep Linda Merryman.
GCWA will know for sure by April 1st if the Brazos Watermaster is on the TCEQ Commissioner’s Agenda for April 9, 2014. Ivan feels very confident it will be, so I am making plans accordingly.
· GCWA will charter a van or bus with a driver for April 9th. The bus will leave at 4:30AM (exact departure location not yet decided). One stop will be made on the trip to Austin at Bucee’s in Waller (20 minute break). Expected arrival time in Austin is 9:00AM. This will allow 30 minutes for everyone to sign in and be ready for the meeting which begins at 9:30AM.
· The time the meeting will end is unknown.
· If the meeting runs the course of the entire day, it is likely there will not be a lunch break. There is a cafeteria on the TCEQ Campus if you need to grab something. (see attached map – Meeting is in Building E and Cafeteria is in Building A)
· GCWA will make a stop on the return trip for everyone to sit down for lunch/dinner at Southside Market and BBQ in Elgin.
· On the return trip, if necessary, a stop will be made at Bucee’s in Waller (20 minute break).
Attached is basic contact information and a map of the TCEQ Campus.
I will be sending out a more formal invite after the agenda has been confirmed. It will have a RSVP due by April 3rd. In the meantime, please pass along this information to your City Council Members, Water Board Members and Corporate Leaders, inviting them to come support the Brazos Watermaster. I will need a definite headcount by April 3rd. I would like to send out an email invite to all parties interested, so if someone expresses interest, please forward their name, phone number and email to me and I will include them in the invitation.
Please call or email with any questions or concerns. Your support and assistance is appreciated!
Renee Dondonay | Administrative Assistant | Gulf Coast Water Authority | 3630 FM 1765, Texas City, Texas 77591
| Phone: 409.797.4901 | Fax: 409.935.4156 | email@example.com | gulfcoastwaterauthority.com
Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab