IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valantines Day!

 ManCakes tomorrow!

Time to slice and get it in the pot. Spread the word. The Chili do is tomorrow. The more the merrier.

If I gave you a dollar would you spend a week here? The next time you think our Mayor is overpaid just remember he spent a week here as part of his Mayoral duties. Welcome home Mr. Mayor and entourage.





"Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili."
Last words of Kit Carson, American frontiersman (1809-1868)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Rob Schererere. It is time for me to come clean. For many years I have been entering chili in burl and raynels Birthday bash and chili cookoff And have won On a few occasions. My entries and morals have not always Lived up to what you would expect at such a prestigious event. While my sins Cannot compete with those of Mr. Rupert who won the very first chili cook off with a can of hormel I still feel the need to confess and come clean. Yes it is true my mom cooked my chili for me for several years And yes it is true when I finally tried it on my own I did not realize you were supposed to grind up Corriander prior to putting it in the pot. Who knew? One year when I realized my recipes were not working out. I tried to shift the blame to a woman named Marissa who I claimed was my tomato supplier. I tried to make everyone believe that due to heavy flooding in the Mideast she was trapped in a tree and could not get my tomatoes to me on time Ruining any chance of my recipes working out. This year I have been trying to convince everybody that I am too busy to participate. The truth is I am too embarrassed, and Ashamed And simply cannot carry out The lies and deceit any longer. I would like to apologize to Raynell and Burl For Any harm or embarrassment I may have caused them In my desperate attempts to win the coveted trophy. Oh yeah and one time I used pre-packaged chili mixes. I'm way too cheap to pay off the judges but that's not to say Larry and Alan haven't, Just sayin.

Rob

Anonymous said...

Rob,

A few things:

1. As an educated American you should know better than to Capitalize words in The middle of a Sentence.

2. It's Allan not Alan you dumb b....

3. Your Momma already told us you were a cheater.

4. I do not pay off judges, not to say I haven't played the part of a middle man for Allan to insure him a win.

Larry

Anonymous said...

Regarding Larry's note:

1) Foreigners frequently capitalize the first letter of the noun

2) Thank you for the clarification...I thought it was "Ellen"

3) Do you listen to everything his Momma says?

4) TMI, TMI. Really not interested in your sexual escapades about being in the "middle"....

Happy cookin' y'all!!

Rob Scherer said...

All I can say is one for the thumb when I am done. Oh and by the way, Marissa was from Mozambique, and although her tomatoes reign supreme, it was those hard to find herbs and spices gathered by her little bambino's that made her trip to the states worthwhile. Also, I capitalize words in the middle of a sentence when I feel they are significant or worthy of such importance. Words like Winner, Champion, Master Chef, or Chili Maestro seem to fit. Larry, if your nice to me and my mama, I might let you taste my winning recipe. Allan, well what can I say, there's always next year.

Adelia said...

Come clean for real Rob! I heard his possum got away. I think it is true because I saw him at Petco buying some "meat product"

Adelia said...

His dogs don't eat that cheap stuff!
Hey Craig Bob - I am bringing 2 entries so will need 2 crock pot spaces.
AND No I am not ashamed to retrieve the trophy from the small boy. He doesn't scare me much anymore