IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, February 10, 2014

5 days to go



The now nearly world famous ManCakes is on deck for Saturday morning. $5 whole dollars will get you a great breakfast with juice or milk cooked right in front of you. What a great way to start your day. See you there.

You are running out of time to come up with a) an excuse or b) a chili recipe. Lord knows I’ve heard and used my share of excuses but I never get tired of making fun of them. I mean who can forget Adelia’s “chili” in a used gas can? Yeah hon, I’m sure it was the plastic taste that kept you from winning and no, it wasn’t that clean. Then there’s Jim’s famous, for all the wrong reasons, bologna & beer soup/chili. My chili has a first name its O S C A R….. And nobody, but nobody can get hair off a cat better than Wisnoski! Ever since he stopped with the cheese grater and went to the potato peeler………hey Wis, kill it first next time, it won’t bite so hard. If you have yet to RSVP to our Host you really should take the time to do so. Remember what happens if you wait too long you have to set up next to Rob and his coriander concoction that he calls chili, chilli, Chile, chilly, chily, chillie. Chiley. Possum on the Half-Shell by any other name is still an Armadillo. Hey, if the smell of burning hair doesn’t bother you I guess it’s no biggie.
This is where I should remind you that standing on concrete all day is good for your posture but when you’re as old and fat as I am sitting is OK too but you damn well better bring your own chair. I’ll have Rolaids for a buck a piece after the judging and Larry is has rented a stomach pump. I’ve never seen one with a kick start on it.
Enjoy your week and we’ll see y’all Saturday!!
Weather forecast is party sunny and 68. Not a typo.
Don’t forget to RSVP to Craig & Raynel Ward 281 3OO 3541

Yachty Gras Kick-Off Party is Friday the 28th. It’s at the Club House and is open to the public. Food, Drink and live music.

Mardi Gras Golf Cart Parade is March 1st. We’ll line up at the Pavilion and go from there. Start time is 2PM

No comments: