IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, February 13, 2014

48 Hours

And excuses are starting to trickle in. I understand it's been a tough season for nutria, what with Polar Vortex and global warming. I’m too busy/scared/ashamed, aliens abducted my coriander, dog ate my recipe, my only child is graduating college, whatever…..The short version is we are going to party with you or without you. We will eat lots of great chili, (depending on how much I make) and some of you will have to eat the fishhead stew that the noobs drag in.  Pray for a north westerly wind that will keep the smell off the Island. The weather forecast has cooled a tad but it’s still gonna be 66 and partly sunny. Bring a sweatshirt. And a chair. When Craigbob gets old enough to be affected by the weather he'll be strapped to a wheel chair drooling down his chin and it won't matter anyway. Hell he's half way there now.
Remember what I said about electricity? If you will need it to keep your soup warm you need to let Craig know. If you don’t and then you show up looking for a plug and there aren’t any I’ll hit you with a quarter. Let him know. Please.



“Chili represents your three stages of matter: solid, liquid and eventually gas.”Dan Conner (John Goodman) in 'Roseanne' TV series.

No comments: