IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

4

days and counting. That's right, the umpteenth annual Chili Cookoff and Chicken Bingo is official and it is set for Saturday, February 15th. The time table is roughly kickoff at noon, judging at 3 and they give me my trophy at 4. That said lets go over the ground rules for all you newbies. First and foremost Rule Number One is there are no rules. Hell, it ain't even a party till the second cop car gets there right? But what about the chili rules you say? I'll repeat for you slow readers. There are no rules. Period.
It is up to you to spread the word. I swear by all I know to be holy the first person to come up to me and whine that they didn't get an invitation from me is going to get a bowl of Robs lumpy coriander flavored, cat stew right in the kisser.
Next, we really, really want to avoid a repeat of the brown-out of '94. If you are bringing your creation in a crock pot and you want to plug that same crock pot in to an outlet we need to know. We need to know in advance how many crock pots need to be plugged in. I swear Reliant has a wanted poster with Craig's face on it. You may contact Mr. Ward directly. Please no more Molotoff cocktails.

If you are bringing your concoction in a pot that uses an open flame, i.e. propane, wood or cow pies we need to know. Open flames have their own special quirks that need to be dealt with. We haven't lost anyone to open flames since '88 and want to keep it that way. She healed nicely if you must know but moved to a cooler climate. If you plan on using Solar heat, good for you. If your Chili, Chilli, Chilly, Chily, Chile is self heating note that your cook off will be held in Little Rock on the 27th.
Onward, Yes, there is a trophy and if by some freak occurrence a monkey flies out of my butt and gives you the trophy you have to put a new battery in it for next year.
Lastly, Judges are not paid, mostly, and you can't prove it anyway.  Our lead judge in past years has been the illustrious Mr. Thomas Mott. I understand his stomach replacement was a success. Mr. Mott, you up for it again you sick freak?





Mancakes ! I have one slot open so......

 This will be on next weeks agenda. If you think you have somethingt o say make a point in being there!
The EDC will host a Public Hearing at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, February 18 on the topic of “update on the status of the pedestrian bridge project and public input on the current level of support for the project.” Following this hearing the city council will include on their agenda discussing and taking action on the acceptance of the TxDOT Transportation Enhancement grant. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend this important hearing and council meeting. We encourage you to invite your family and friends that are Clear

I am looking for two stretch golf carts with drivers to shuttle our visiting dignitaries and judges for the Yachty Gras Parade. Please drop me a line asap. Thanks. If you have a buggie but want to play and can't drive that's ok I have drivers. Let me know.



No comments: