IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 5

Just had Day 5 “dinner”. It was OK. That’s all. I think I’m done juicing. I will admit that when I got home I cheated a tad. I had 4 whole grapes and 2 peanuts. Salted. mmmmmmm. Depending on what the scale tells me in the morning will decide tomorrows lunch. I have to say, going on the results so far It will be juice one more day. The results are something. The green stuff is just difficult to deal with. Once you get past the look there’s the smell. If blindfolded and asked to pick one I would gladly go to bed hungry. And then there’s the taste. I have found that if I hold my nose and just slam it, it’s doable. I have to give Mel her due though. She has been juicing up a storm and been doing her homework via the internet looking for different recipes. Green stuff aside the fruit juices are great but I need meat. Neighbor Danny told us, and he’s a regular at this, the urge to chew something is the hardest par to get over. Score one for Dano.

Had a Yachty Gras meeting with some folks. Who’s up for a Mardi Gras golf cart parade? We’re aiming for the Saturday of the Yachty Gras boat parade. More details as they firm up. Get this on your calendar.



Did you make it to the Jarbo Bayou meeting last month? Here is the latest. It should be good.
The Houston-Galveston Area Council, in conjunction with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), invite you to join us for another Public Meeting to discuss a Bacteria Study (TMDL) for Jarbo Bayou.

Meeting Details:
January 23, 2014
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Club House

Why Another Public Meeting?

Following the success of the December 2013 Jarbo Meeting, the purpose of this Public Meeting is twofold:
1.    Review Bacteria Data Collected, To Date
2.    Build a Locally-Driven, Diverse Steering Committee
About the Bayou
Jarbo Bayou, located in Galveston County, is a tributary of Clear Lake. Since 2002, high concentrations of bacteria, which are found in both human and animal waste, have been observed in the bayou.
The presence of these bacteria may indicate a health risk to people who swim or wade in the bayou-activities referred to as "contact recreation" in the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards.


Who’s real name is Norville Rogers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As for Jarboe Bayou, should we be concerned over possible run off into the bayou from the proposed dog park?

james mago said...

Not at all. The good citizens of CLS will certainly pik up their poop.