IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 4

Happy Birthday to the King. Elvis would have been 79 today.

Things are looking up. Dinner was a “Cajun” theme that involved garlic, celery, tomatoes, parsley, cucumber and a splash of hot sauce. Flavor at last. This will be Friday’s juice. Just add a shot of Vodka. Desert was an absolute treat. Mostly fruit but not entirely. It sure was tasty though. We need to do something about the looks though. I open the fridge door and it creeps me out. It looks like so many science experiments in there. Maybe an opaque container. It was never my intention to start one more, soon to be written off as yet another, failed New Years Diet. Originally I just wanted to see what all the ruckus was about with the Juicing scene. My adventure evolved in to a kind of detox/cleanse vacation for my Liver. The scale is telling me other things. When I went to my last foot doctor a week ago I was embarrassed at the number showing on her scale. I had never seen that number before. When I got off the scale this morning I saw a number I haven’t seen in a couple of years. Very interesting. I’m still not going on a diet.

No comments: