IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Beautiful day!

Not a bad start to January eh? The weatherman says we better enjoy today because this gorgeous weather is going to be short lived. Too bad. No complaints though when I look at the national weather.

From Diana and the Parks Committee:
I'll be taking down the Christmas decorations outside the Clubhouse and on the bridge on Monday, Jan 6 at about 9:30am. If you are looking for something to do, please join me.
Thanks,
Diana Chronister 


Always looking for something different. Not sure if this is going to be quite what I had in mind but MJ has us lined up for something called a “Reboot”. We are going to Juice our way to a healthier 2014. Ready or not I’m going to blog about it.

The CLSCC Board of directors met Thursday and hashed out the final updates to the By-Laws. Watch your email.

To the anon reader who believes ”more people would get involved in the Civic club and other goings on around here, except they don’t like many of the current people who spear head these projects” Please consider bringing your own spear to any meeting. We’d love to have you. Be a spear header, not a whiner. No one gets more irritated than me having to ask the same dozen folks to volunteer for any of the 2 dozen events the Club puts on. There are people who do and there are people who don’t.


SOLD!




It's National Trivia Day!!!

Sea otters hold hands when they sleep so they don't drift apart.

No comments: