IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, December 26, 2013

It's Boxing Day !

It's traditionally the day following Christmas Day, when servants and tradesmen would receive gifts, known as a "Christmas box", from their bosses[1] or employers. Today, Boxing Day is the bank holiday that generally takes place on 26 December. It is observed in the United KingdomCanadaHong KongAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaTrinidad and Tobago and some other Commonwealth nations. Thanks Wiki.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Just as we get settled into the bliss that is our gorgeous little Island I get crap news like this from neighbor Greg on Oak.

Hello Allan,
 We had two beach cruiser style bicycles stolen from underneath our house a few days prior to Christmas.  One was all white and the other was matte grey.  Pls pass the word to others to keep an eye on their stuff and to watch out for their neighbors..

Keep your eyes open folks. If we look out for each other these dirt bags don’t stand a chance.

Don't forget Snow Day this Friday @ 1p.

The front of the Island is starting to take shape. Looks good so far. Good Job EDC.

“Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits.” anon

5 comments:

58Willys said...

Not making accusations here regarding stolen bikes or previous Island thefts - but I am curious if the bikes were stolen 1-2 nights after the crew that weed-wacks the Island ditches came thru Oak?

Secondary question is if CLS officers have spoken with any construction crews on island about concerns over increased crime and especially work crews speeding?

Anonymous said...

Maybe instead I'd wasting money on a useless pedestrian bridge, we ought to invest in street lights around the island. It is too dark in certain areas which helps the thieves hide in plain sight. As a female runner, I would also feel safer at night when I run if we had more lights.


Adelia said...

Hey female runner get involved on the island. My favorite thing about this place over Houston house it that on any street I know people and I could stop if someone strange (uh yea we all are) I love my CLS home with all my wonderful neighbors and our GREAT Police department. If you get involved they will know you too

Anonymous said...

Hey Adelia,

What part of my comment led you to believe I am not involved in the island goings on? Not that is it any of your business , but I do come to meetings when I am able to get off work in time and get home from Houston. I know who you are and I prefer not to be around you or Dave. That's what's makes this a great place. We don't all have to get along. As a matter if fact, more people would get involved in the Civic club and other goings on around here, except they don't like many of the current people who spear head these projects. Once again, no biggie, as I do have a life and don't have any burning desire to be around such people. I have lived here almost as long as you have, so whether I come to meeting or not is irreverent.

Besides your asinine comment, still doesn't sway me for a stupid bridge. Lights might keep some of the scumbags .

Adelia said...

Sure didn't mean to offend or suggest that you werent popular on the island. So sorry you prefer not to be around me and Dave doesn't live here anymore so no worries there. I was simply pointing out that it is a much more secure area as we all know each other pretty well. AND anytime some other people would like to step up and host some events I would love to step down and just enjoy.