IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Another beautiful day

I hope y'all had a chance to go the the Civic Club's Christmas party Friday night. I heard it was fabulous but considering the two Hostess' I expected nothing less. The next time you see Shanna or Priscilla tell them thanks for a great job!
Is it just me or was that one of the smallest turnouts for the Christmas Boat Lane parade? I know it was a tad chilly but I had on my freezer suit so it wasn't an issue. Anybody hear who won?

Anyone in the market for a big upright freezer? I have one looking for a new home. Will trade for a bottle of scotch. No. I won't help move it.


 Just a reminder for friends and family
At this time of the year, when the roadblocks come up with great regularity I would like to share a personal experience with my closest friends about drinking and driving.  As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from an occasional social session over the years.
A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails and some rather nice red wine.   Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before; I took a cab home. Sure enough, I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past.
I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise as I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my garage.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The winner of the Christmas Boat Parade was Keith Emmons boat, the theme was Under the Sea.