IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, November 8, 2013

Now THAT''S a Cold Front!


Lots of stuff, First from neighbor Copper his web site, listed over there --> has been updated. Lots of new stuff so check it out when you get a minute. 

Tomorrow Night 
Our very own Senor Beans is playing at Aspens! Come on out and be prepared to be entertained. Again. Troprock On Ben!

The Civic Club Thanksgiving Dinner is one week from Saturday. Pege Wright is still looking for a few folks to be servers and such. I promisse it's a lot of fun. Drop her a line if you are interested. See you there.

This to all who are interested in the Boy Scout Flag program. It's all you need to know.
"I wanted to thank everyone who has supported Troop 2322 with your flag subscriptions.  Your subscription is up for annual renewal.  Our next posting of the flag will be this Sunday for Veteran’s day.
 If you would like to renew your subscription, the cost is $35 for the year subscription.  If you would like a scout to stop by on Sunday to renew your subscription, please let us know and we will make certain one comes by Sunday afternoon.
 We have had many requests for an online renewal system and have it up and running from our website.
http://www.bsatroop2322.com/flag-subscriptions/flag-subscription-renewal/
 If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
 Bill Meyers
Scoutmaster
Troop 2322
832-212-1456

Mail address
3115 Summerstorm Lane
League City TX 77573"


To all you friends and neighbors who remember Captain Chuck Brooks. He and lovely wife Tina lived across Pine from me. Neighbor Phillis will sponsor a Celebration of Life for Chuck Brooks on November 30 held here at the Clubhouse. If you would like to help or donate let Phillis or me know. Thanks.

From our Friends in the Office. Mark your Calendars!
 If you could please pass along the City Holidays for the remainder of the year I would appreciate it.

Offices closed:
Monday, November 11, 2013
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Friday, November 29, 2013
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Thursday, December 26, 2013
Friday, December 27, 2013
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 @ 12:00 pm (noon)
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Thank you very much!

Christy Stroup


Sums It Up on Obamacare:
 Remember when Nancy Pelosi said, “We have to pass it, to find out what’s in it”
 A physician called into a radio show and said "that's the definition of a Stool sample".

5 comments:

Adelia said...

Big shout out and thank you to our veterans. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!

Anonymous said...

AB,
Not quite sure how word got to you that I was playing last night (Nov 9)at Aspen's. My gig there is actually NEXT Saturday night, Nov 16th. I hope this didn't disrupt anyone's plans.
Senor Beans

Anonymous said...

If you live on one of the blocked off streets due to street construction, have you see any police cruise by? I use to see them frequently and liked it. Not at all anymore.

Even the trash pick-ups drive in reverse to get to where the street temporarily dead ends.

It has been months since I have seen an officer on a bicycle. Even those don't come down my street.

I am looking forward to the street construction to be done for many reasons, but mainly so our PD patrols again.

Anonymous said...

I see our police patrolling these areas all the time. Even on their golf cart! As far as the bicycles, I imagine our men in uniform would be a little cold on a bicycle these days. Maybe they'll be on bikes for the holiday shoppers.

Anonymous said...

Personally I think our Police Department has spoiled us....Let me be more specific.. Everyday when I walk my Lab, there's not a day that goes by I don't see an Officer or The Captain patrolling the street or checking someone's house or just taking the time to stop and talk. I feel confident that other officers are doing this, but I turn in for bed early.