IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, November 14, 2013

No more Ramblers


All gone. My first trip to the left coast was in a 62 Rambler Wagon. Just thought you ought to know.  Anybody else spend any quality time in a Rambler? I'll accept AMC just 'cause it's a Jeep Thing. You carheads know what I mean.

Hey! The Annual Civic Club Thanksgiving Dinner is THIS Saturday. Please make plans to attend. You can't beat the price or the food. Pege Wright is still looking for a few volunteers to fill in the blanks. You can contact her or me. I promise you'll have fun!

This from Senor Beans:
I will be playing at Aspens Bar and Grill this Saturday night (Nov 16) from 7 ~ 11.  Aspens is a new little neighborhood bar in Clear lake Shores located at Aspen and Clear Lake Road (directly across the street from the Opus Bistro).
 I have been fortunate to be playing a lot of private events lately, but I don't get to play for my friends and neighbors enough this way.  This is a good opportunity for us to get together and have a brew or two.
 Vince, the owner is hoping to  expand his customer base by adding live music by folks like me!  It is a cozy little place in a cool location.
 So, if you can, come on down to CLS and join me for a cool Saturday Night!
Senor Beans (aka Ben Reyna)

This from the Chief--- mark your calendar!!

      "Coffee with Cops"

Citizens are encouraged to come out and meet the officers who serve in their community. 

Coffee with Cops is a great way for the citizens of the community to get to know Clear Lake Shores Officers.
“Coffee with Cops” is set in a causal environment so citizens can ask questions and become familiar with the officers who serve their community.  The event will be held on the morning of November  25th, 2013  at 7:00am at Skippers located at 1026 Fm 2094.  Free hot coffee will be provided for those who stop by.
Please R.S.V.P. with Captain Donaldson email ddonaldson@clearlakeshores-tx.gov

From Councilman Amanda Booren:
Good afternoon! I am collecting items to send a great big ginormous care package oversees for our troops just in time for the holidays. The donation will go toward an organization called Blue Star Mother's of America, who will package everything up and send it on its way.

Please consider purchasing an item or two and making a donation. You can drop it off at my house, or I will come to you to pick it up. I will also have a bucket at the Thanksgiving dinner this weekend if you just want to make a monetary donation.

Attached is a list of items. Surely you can find something on this list!  :) I need to have the items by December 5 so I can load up my car and take them to Humble on Dec. 7 for a packing party.

Thank you!

From Neighbor Diane Johnson:
Hi Allan,
Would you mind posting on the blog that I am collecting stuffed animals for the local nursing home again this year? I would love to have one for every resident. Sarah and her roommate (Brittany) will be going with me to distribute them on Christmas morning. They are going to provide the music. (No don't worry, I will not sing). This was a big hit last year. It even brightened the day of some of the male residents too. I currently have 30 something in a closet ready to go. They told me they have about 168 residents.
Our address is 226 Narcissus. Tom has placed a large plastic box on the left side of our entry way with a sign.
Thanks in advance!
Diane



4 comments:

james mago said...

Coffee with cops is a great idea. Donuts.. Unfortunately we can't make it.

Oh yeah, the Rambler! Growing up in Milwaukee, I was exposed to these Kenosha rust buckets throughout my early teen years. On a cold day hitch hiking across town to high school, a ride in a Rambler looked good! On occasion I picked up a ride in the Metropolitan as well.

Claire Peterson said...

Oh yea - somehow my best friend in high school (Iowa) ended up with a '58 Rambler for his first car. Matched his birthday! Good times...

Steve CLS Car Guy said...

Okay, Alan, I get the Rambler bit, but what's with the Studebaker Avanti? Did you have one of those? Really cool car, especially with the supercharged V-8...yeah, back in the early 60's!! Way ahead of its time, fiberglass body, and made in South Bend, Indiana. Still looks great today...unlike all those squished jellybeans from the Orient.

Anonymous said...

A a rambler was my second car when I was seventeen. 4 door bright yellow, looked like my grandma should have been driving it. Fortunately I was rear ended two months after I got it. End of story. Moved on to a 442 cutlass supreme convertible. It only got 8 miles to the gallon but the jokes about my ride stopped

Craig