IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all

It's a beautiful day with lot's to be thankful for. May your turkey be moist and you have more to be thankful for than you deserve. Enjoy your day off and wave at those who are working today patrolling our streets.

Did you make it to the Town Center groundbreaking? At long last progress! Thanks for all your hard work and perservereance EDC
http://www.galvestondailynews.com/business/buzz/article_71098a6e-5255-11e3-a811-0019bb30f31a.html

What about the Coffee with Cops? Captain Donaldson tells me it was a success and they are planning another outing. Hopefully the weather will be a tad more cooperative.

Your presence is requested at the next Civic Club meeting. It's next Thursday and this is a big one so I need you there. Our fair City has been asked if we would be interested in being the new host for the annual Yachty Gras Parade. If there is a party to be thrown you know the Civic Club will be hip deep in it. I sat in on a meeting with the YG folks and the City Administrator. We got the low down and I think the Yachting Capitol of Texas is just a natural fit for this gig. Short version is their President will be on the our agenda at the meeting to tell us about the event and answer any questions we might have. Our participation (pronounced “money”) will be voted on at the meeting so I’d really like to see a bunch of smiling faces.

From neighbor Sid:
Alan ,  I was trying to find any and all web sites around the area that have
event info and news for folks to findout what is going on.
 HERE is a new website you could mention in your web page/blog ,  I will send you the list I make)
 This is just something of interest that I wanted to put together to help folks stay informed.
 SID CLINTON
http://www.kemahcalendar.com/

Anonymous
May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

No comments: