IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, October 17, 2013

There's the Cold Front


Before I get to the fun stuff I wanted to take a second and tell everyone to calm the $%^  down. Don’t waste your time sniping at your neighbor. If you need something to do join a committee or volunteer somewhere. I understand the anon button makes it easy to taunt and dare and name call but it goes with the turf. It also allows someone to speak their piece out of the limelight and away from the finger pointers. I get that some folks like and need that shield. But knock off the name calling. How some of you twisted and flat out made up crap about what “24/7” posted blows my mind. Touches his grass?! Fetching a ball?! Some of you folks need to get out a little more and expand your vocabulary. It said “…catch ANYONE in my house, car, or garage I am firing”. I don’t care what your politics are on gun control but mine lean toward using both hands, and I don’t see how anyone could disagree with the statement as it was made. Like neighbor Jim said, most kid problems are really parent problems. Let that sink in. I don’t care where you are from or what problems you had growing up. Do you want to be the parent that answers the door at 2AM with an officer on the other side? As God is my witness I will do everything in my power to make sure that’s not me so I don’t have to worry about 24/7. We have a curfew in our fair city so if your kid is out after hours it’s your problem. If your kid is over 18 it’s their problem and problems are dealt with.


Fun Stuff. Everyone wanted to know what was turned in for Chef’s Choice. We don’t know how they stacked up against each other so I’ll put them in alphabetical order by team name.
Of course First Place goes first.
Keep it Moist - Cedar plank salmon, with a mushroom, spinach, shrimp white wine cream sauce reduction.
Butt Rubbers - tri-tip, aka bottom sirloin
Getting Piggy With It – Chocolate covered bacon
Island Cookers - Blackened Redfish with a pontchartrain sauce
Smoke This – Chicken Cordon Bleu
Team Jim - Salsa
Two Broke Gurls - Beef fajita nachos with guacamole
ZombieQ - Sesame crusted Asian (eye of round) roast



4 comments:

58Willys said...

Hahaha - gosh there are some highly agitated folks over a neighbor stating they will defend their car, garage and/or home. Texas law is clear such actions are allowed. Ditto for a neighbor defending another neighbor's home. It's Texas.

Just to be clear - I never post anonymous.

For those folks not liking guns and are not card carrying life members of the NRA, I have a decent trebuchet science project I'll sell you for defending your CLS castle.

For those liking heavy ordinance - with a little work it could also be made mobile for dragging behind your golf cart and slinging small pumpkins from deep hole park. It is pumpkin chunk'n season.





Anonymous said...

I am pro guns and know texas law backwards and forwards. I also know a responsible gun owner when hear one even through the blog. This idiot is not one of those.you don't just blindly shoot because someone is standing on your property especially in a neighbor hood like this where violent crime is non exist ant. To threaten to kill anyone on his property is foolish when it is more than likely a kid just to protect the junk in his garage there are much better ways to handle it here in CLS. Yes I understand responsible parenting and all of that but taking a chance of killing a kid that lives in CLS is ignorant.

Anonymous said...

Calm down, neighbor. Didn't you read what Allan just said about name calling?

Rob Scherer said...

Did anyone notice there is water at the Sandbar?