IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, October 28, 2013

more crap news



Who’s ready to roll your clocks back? It’s Saturday night.
It breaks my heart to hear from a neighbor that gets his stuff stolen. Some of us know all too well just how small this pile of mud we call paradise is. It has its good points as well as its bad points. I said too many times there are no secrets here. Too many eyes. So how come we can’t catch the dirtbag that’s stealing from us? Someone knows who it is. Please call the Chief and give him a heads up. It may save some real heartbreak down the road. The red X’s are houses that have been stolen from in the past two weeks. The blue X’s are where your neighbors cats have either met an untimely end or have gone amiss all together. Interesting pattern though.


From neighbor Rob.
So I’m getting ready for a great day of fall fishing and I’m downstairs loading stuff up and getting ready.  That’s when I notice something awry in my little shop downstair.  A couple of items are askew which begs me to the place where those items typically hangup.  That’s when I notice that a large coil of 4GA copper wire I use for making golf cart battery cables USED to hang up.  So this sorry asp! thief passed over thousands of dollars of power tools and equipment to steal a little copper.  Now for the naysayers that think it was some kid chasing a ball into my garage or someone having a senior moment distracted by a shiny object, I beg to differ.  This was a 5lb coil of heavy gauge marine grade cabling that was hung on a peg 6 ft above the floor.
I guess I will cast my ballot with the paranoia party and hang cameras this weekend.
Is this what our quaint little Island is coming too?
Sincerely,
Rob on East Shore

From Neighbor Steve
See the Space Station
Time: Mon Oct 28 7:38 PM
Visible: 4 min
Max Height: 44 degrees
Appears: NNW
Disappears: E


Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.
George Washington Carver

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great map, AB. So sorry Rob. The sluth in me wonders if one of the street construction guys did a quick move. Or possibly someone from a home construction crew. It may not be a resident.

Charles Thompson said...

Interesting Map. Thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous said...

Interesting story on the news last night of an expensive bike being stolen and found via social media. The victim said they could rely on the police (that had many tasks) or reach out to the community.

I just put these #s in my cell and it will be with me when golf carting since I saw two under-the-age drivers yesterday. I don't get it. I don't understand the electric toys in the street without adult supervision. Perhaps these parents will have to learn the hard way, after an accident occurs. I would not wish that on anyone.

CLS police 281 334.1034

CLS dispatch 281 538.0659 #2

Anonymous said...

The last two or three weeks Ive seen a guy in his late 20’s early 30’s, white, with a scruffy reddish or brown beard and a ball cap riding a bike around the island. Not that this means anything but Ive never seen him around in the past.

Anonymous said...

Looks like karma and the guy with all the guns should hire themselves out looks like a moneymaking proposition to me

Craig

Anonymous said...

This summer I heard there was an old man in that general area that started trapping, in a cage, stray cats coming into his yard. I hear he is moving off the island next week, so possibly the cat problem is solved. Maybe the coyote has been taking the wrap for the old man.

Probably the thief is somebody else.

Scott

Anonymous said...

If I find the perps first, i'll abstain from eating shrimp for a while....

Anonymous said...

What does that even mean

Rob Brown said...

To anonymous, his brother anonymous, and his other brother anonymous -

Thank you for the kind thoughts and insight. I too have seen the guy with the scruffy reddish brown hair and he has actually knocked on my door late one evening asking for work. Wreaked like a Sandbar ashtray, fidgety and eyes dilated even under my bright porch lights. Not exactly the kind of guy I want working for me or poking around my house after the sun goes down. Same guy, same story happened to my buddy on Pine.

I am not implying in any way shape or form that this guy is the culprit - just saying that i have seen him, don't know him, and I agree he looks suspicious.

Are there people that are going to try and run me out of town with torches and pitchforks for judging a book by it's cover - most likely. Apparently that's the new island way. If you want to give this guy some work around your house, next time you see him ask him over for tea and a little yard work. I hope it works out for both of you.

x2 on the kids driving carts. What the hell do we have to do to get the message out that kids can't drive buggies, put it on the clubhouse sign?

Thanks for listening
Rob on E Shore

Anonymous said...

I for one won't try to run you out of town, Rob. I don't see it as the new island way at all. Not sure why you do. I think we are finally coming together again after NS tried their best to pull it apart.

I was hoping to hear who is heading up the Thanksgiving dinner? Never heard. So glad someone did.

Anonymous said...

Did anyone else hear that Matt Wiggins lost a law suit recently? There was nothing in the GND.

Anonymous said...

If you think we are "coming together" after NS tried to pull us apart, then you haven't read the law suit filed by 'Mrs lawsuit against the city. It is offensive what she claims Paul Shelly and Jack Friday have done to her.

Anonymous said...

I have had the same dirt bag stop by my house and my neighbors several times asking if he could mow my grass or wash/wax my car.

He drives a beat up golf cart and had tattoos on both the inside of his forearms. I wouldn't let this guy walk my dog.

As stated before, he looks like he is all amped up on something. He told me he lives over near PINE. Now that I have seen ABs map, I will make it a point to see where said punk lives the next time I see him. I too am going to buy a security camera this week.

Bryan said...

To the second to last Anon with the negative comments about the Island being together - what does a lawsuit by one resident have to do with the us being together? What people are talking about are the residents being together as a neighborhood. In my opinion things are as good as they ever have been during the 10 years I have been here. It is fun to live here again now that we have gotten most of the cancer into remission, and something tells me you are one of them.

I am basing my positive outlook on our great neighborhood on things like the awesome turnout at Night Out Against Crime and the BBQ Cook-Off, the number of folks out and about walking, on bikes, etc., the number of parties held on the island this past weekend for Halloween, a solid City Council that act as mature adults and work together, an imminent ground breaking (hopefully next week)of the first phase of the Town Center, thw Sand Bar apparantly proceeding, etc., etc., etc. Also, I talk to my co-workers about where they live and their quality of life tehre. It ain't even close. We are very, very lucky.

Can you explain your negative side of it. Oh, and would you mind giving your name while you are at it?

Bryan

Anonymous said...

Ditto ditto ditto ditto Bryan. A few bad apples won't spoil this island. Keep your eyes open folks we can put a stop to this nonsense if we are all diligent.

Craig

Ty said...

I have seen the same guy riding around on a cream color beach cruiser. Who is this guy? Knocking on peoples doors and “looking for work” sounds more like what the typical thief does to scope your place out. Just like the guy that was trying to sell me “magazine PREscriptions” and had no idea what he was talking about. So this guy has been seen on a bike and a cart, I assume he lives or is staying with someone here???

Anonymous said...

I agree with Bryan.

Plz post the guy's address when you get it. Cream color cruiser is good, now what about a better description of his beat up buggy.


I have been friends with Lynda for years. It is a pretty thin board that doesn't have two sides. I think most of us were shocked when she lost the last suit. We know Jack had to look the other way when a neighbor's house was built. I'd hate to think of Paul being involved. Time will tell...

Anonymous said...

"This summer I heard there was an old man in that general area that started trapping, in a cage, stray cats coming into his yard. I hear he is moving off the island next week, so possibly the cat problem is solved. Maybe the coyote has been taking the wrap for the old man."

Where does this person live?

Anonymous said...

Its kinda funny that Linda asked Paul to come to court on their behalf, with one of her law suits against a neighbor which he did.
so I find it funny now he is a bad guy. Court records will show from other cases, that he fully cooperated and helped them in anyway he could. Now he is a culprit. Only time will tell who is lying . He told me that he stayed as far away as he could regarding the construction of the Wrights house.