IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Looks like Fall

Is here to stay. Good I was ready for  change. It's been almost 10 days since I've posted anything. I guess thats a good thing. It usually means all is well in the hood. My Facebook connection tells me some of you are cranked up about the lady feeding the ducks. She's the same one we talked about a month ago. She drives the white Hyundai and shovels the feed, and I mean shovels, out of her trunk. I heard she lived in the RV Park across the street. How come there are no ducks over there? Or did her neighbors tell her to knock it off 'cause they were tired of tracking duck crap all over? If she is breaking a law I'm sure our finest will catchup to her. Think Karma. But feeding ducks is not necessarily breaking the law. This is where I mention one of our neighbors getting a ticket for rolling a stop sign. On his Golf Cart.

This from neighbors Kirk and Kathy
As a member I just wanted to announce that on Saturday evening October 26... this coming Saturday we will be hosting a pre-Halloween party at our home, 921 North Shore.
 We will have a great band that starts at 7pm. We will also have hamburgers and hot dogs. BYOB
 Costumes welcome.
 Kirk and Kathy Koepsel


This from neighbor Kendall
Allan, maybe you could address this in your blog. Recently, it's come to my attention that a neighbor and I have both had cats come up missing and we haven't found any carcasses nearby to blame on the coyote. Mine is fixed and doesn't wander far.  Someone suggested somebody may be shooting them with a pellet or bb gun or poisoning them. I don't know if this could really be true but it's not out of the realm of possibility. I know some people don't like cats and some don't like dogs but we all share this island together. If someone is having a problem with someone's pet that person should please talk to the owner first before harming them. Remember these are like kids to some people and part of the family and people can grieve for them just like they would a family member. Just because it is walking through your yard does not warrant harm.
I talked to Kendall and as many "special" neighbors as we have here I can't believe anyone would shoot another's pet. When we first moved here the Island had a feral cat problem. I remember quite well discovering some of the feral males marking the soft top of my Jeep. I will admit I went cat hunting for about a month. A couple of trips to the shelter later and all was good. Kendall, I'm sticking with the Coyotes. 

This Halloween, the most popular mask is th Arnold Schwarenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him
Conan O'Brien

This Halloween, the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/conanobri410405.html#3fdu3DpLymR1e4f6.99

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed you, AB. No stories about what happened to your leg?

Thanks for posting about K & K's party.

MARIE SWEET said...

There is someone on the island that did shoot a pellet into my cat on two different occasions. I believe they are near Juniper and Pine. They haven't done it lately to mine but I think he is staying close to home now.

Anonymous said...

Sure hope the PD gave out some DUIs last night. I don't care if it is to the driver of a golf cart, bike or car. Nor do I care if it is 3 am.

I like cocktails as much as anyone but drunks, not so much.