IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bad Guy Alert



OK Neighbors, looks like Dave’s report makes it official. We have a knot head roaming the streets. Don’t worry about the Coyotes, next time your dawg is barking have a peek out the blinds. Parents? Do you know where your kid is? You damn well better. Can’t stand a thief.

From Dave:

“You might put the word out thru your Island Drumz blog that an island theft occurred over the weekend.
I got in my car saturday morning and noticed my center console glove box was open.  During the night someone got into my car and stole my Garmin Zumo 550 motorcycle GPS.  It being the island, I rarely lock my car doors at night - just felt safe enough on the island to not worry much about thieves.  Guess that trusting approach caught up with me.
Nothing else was stolen, despite numerous emergency quarters and other things being in the car and ash tray.  Actually - now that I think about it - a bottle of bug spray I kept in the car was taken. Even thieves have skeeter problems.
My impression was this is the sort of mischief that kids do.  Can't be 100% - but that is my impression. The loss is financial and more of the pain-in-the-butt variety.  It's an old GPS, but it has all sorts of links to places around the country and in Houston that I sometimes go to.  It also mounts to my BMW bike.
On the long shot that a parent may see an odd piece of electronics in their kids room or being mounted to their skate board (kidding) - here is what it looked like:
 



It has a suction cup attachment with built in speaker and car adapter power cord.  
No questions asked if it's returned.  Guess I'll have to start locking the car, closing the garage doors, getting that "bunker mentality", etc.  
Anyway - thanks in advance if you post the warning to lock up.



An 80-year-old rancher from Montana  goes to the Mayo clinic in Rochester for a check-up.
 
The doctor is amazed at what good  shape the guy is in and asks, 'How do you stay in such great physical  condition?'
 
'I'm from Montana and in my spare  time I like to hunt and fish' says the old guy, 'and that's why I'm in such good  shape. I'm up well before daylight riding herd and mending fences and when I'm  not doing that, I'm out hunting or fishing. In the evening, I have a beer, a  shot of whiskey and all is well.'
  'Well' says the doctor, 'I'm sure  that helps, but there's got to be more to it. How old was your father when he  died?'
  'Who said my Father's dead?'
  The doctor is amazed. 'You mean  you're 80 years old and your father's still alive? How old is he?'
  'He's 100 years old,' says the old  cowboy. 'In fact he worked and hunted with me this morning, and then we went to  the topless bar for a while and had a little beer and that's why he's still  alive. He's a Montana rancher and he hunts and fishes too!'
  'Well,' the doctor says, 'that's  great, but I'm sure there's more to it than that. How about your father's  father? How old was he when he died?'
  'Who said my Grandpa's dead?'
  Stunned, the doctor asks, 'you mean  you're 80 years old and your grandfather's still alive?'
  'He's 118 years old,' says the man.
  The doctor is getting frustrated at  this point, 'So, I guess he went hunting with you this morning too?'
  'No, Grandpa couldn't go this  morning because he's getting married today.'
  At this point the doctor is close to  losing it. 'Getting Married??? Why would a 118 year-old guy want to get  married?'
  'Who said he wanted to? '








6 comments:

58Willys said...

Alan - Thanks for the posting about GPS. Your Washington Redskins joke cracked me up:)

Anonymous said...

OK, Here we go. I am armed 24/7, and if I EVER catch ANYONE in my house, car, or garage I am firing. I'm not talking warning shots. Everyone talk to your darling little angels and let them know that we are playing for keeps now. This may all seem like a big fun game, but it could get very serious very quickly.

Anonymous said...

Well Anonymous above, I hope you & your kin are met with the same Gun Ho tactics you are suggesting when they stray off the path!!! Unbelievable, especially if it is kids..........

Anonymous said...

I know you must feel tough and justified but I seriously hope you never have to live with yourself after having shot someone. I hate a thief as much as the next girl, but killing a neighbors child or a disoriented elderly person just to justify your paranoia or to prove that you are able to protect your chickenshit little possessions does not make you the man you think you are. Why are you so scared in Clear Lake Shores that you have to be armed 24/7? Tell me that big tough guy?

Anonymous said...

Perhaps they should post their address so everyone can avoid them and not hide behind the anonymous button so nobody knows where this crazy lives????????

james mago said...

Parents: most " kid" problems are really parent problems. If you raised him/her right you would not have to worry about him/her getting shot.

Anonymous: don't shoot the kid for stealing your stuff or he will end up owning everything you own. thank you lawyers!

Even in Galveston county you would have a bad day in court.

Kids: you lose your right to be a "kid" when you steal from your friends and neighbors. You are now a shitbird, and you know it deep inside yourself, and are risking your life every time you break and enter. Is 50 bucks from a fence really worth it?