IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, September 9, 2013

Happy Birthday to...

Otis Redding. Did you know he was only 25 when he past away? That's he's been gone 46 years?



I hope you had a chance to make it out to the Block Party. That was our 4th outing and it looks like it might just stick. We try to have it as close to the Ike anniversary as we can and that gives us a little wiggle room. It was a really nice turn out and the weather even cooperated and kept us in the shade but not in the rain. It was a fairly smooth transition over to the Jammin’ concert. A great show, as always by Hannah’s Reef. It was a good turn out and it’s always fun to visit with neighbors. Thanks to Jim and Bryan for all their hard work at burger flipping. A huge shout out to the boys who ran the rest of the event. Once upon a time they were the Stewart Elementary Fifth Grade Class and they owed this outing to the Jammin’ crowd. I hope it wasn’t an omen but after all that work the gourmet burgers only made a little over $220.00. Not enough for an encore but a lot better than a poke in the eye. We’ll get it to the City staff this week and ask them to earmark it for the Jammin’ budget. Thanks for coming out.

Did you hear about the attempted Break-In over in Lazy Bend?  Yep. Neighbor Casey managed to run them off but that means there's bad guys a lot closer than we want to admit. Stay alert. If you see something for Gods sake say something.

Blues, Brews and BBQ’s sounds like one heck of a lot of fun. It’ll be in Kemah at the end of the month.

Next on deck will be National Night Out. It’s the First Tuesday in October. More later.

Three more weekends until the 2nd annual Clear Lake Shores BBQ Cook off. Don’t wait until the last minute to sign up. I’ll send you everything you need via email. Bryan Hoerner is this years Chairman. Want to be a judge? See Bryan. Want in? See me.

On that same day, October 5th will be the Children’s Fishing Derby. Applications are in your Islander and They’ll be in next month’s Islander too.

I have a question for the Island so help me spread this around. What do we need to do to get our membership up? I am open to all suggestions. Ask around and let me know. I’ll even say pretty please.

And about that shiny newsletter you keep driving over. Inside is a calendar of all upcoming Club events and anything you need to know about said events. It has phone numbers for everyone that would know anything about everything on that calendar. It also has links to the Clubs web site, which I might add is AWESOME, that also has a calendar and it has links to the City’s web site where they have their very own calendar. AND a bucket load of phone numbers. A long time ago I posted links to said sites over there on the right side of the page. Why am I droning on about this drivel you ask? It was pointed out to me that some of our friends and neighbors don’t know about all the events and other happenings that go on all around them. What ever shall we do about them? I send out email, the Club sends out email to the membership list, Every driveway gets and Islander, There are two websites and God knows how many MyFace pages. Far and away is the Clear Lake Shores-Life is Good place run by neighbor Jeff. Yes it’s private and yes you can get your ass booted off if you don’t play well with others but you can still join the group by clicking the right button. I was asked to if I could post a list of all the events here. Yes I could but no I won’t. The info is out there. If you want it go find it. I’m too big an asshole to spoon feed anyone that lazy. Horses to water folks, horses to water.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you become a member of Clearlake Shores life is good where do you find it what do you do who do you need to know

Anonymous said...

It is on Facebook.

Bdayo.Com said...

Are you finding free birthday gifts and deals? Try it! It's totally Free! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!