IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, September 19, 2013

closer........



It’s National POW/MIA Day. Please take a moment out of your busy day to remember those who gave all.

I’m getting’ all antsy. There is a serious front coming in tomorrow and I sure hope it’s dropping lots of rain in or around our reservoirs up north. Just think, Saturdays hi will be in the LOW 80’s. Ahhhhhhh

Galveston County is tied for first place in this Facebook contest. All you Facebookers out there drop in and give them a lick.

Here’s one that is real close to home. Pay attention this is from neighbor and friend.
I am walking to end PKD
Allan,

My Uncle and Father passed away from this disease. My sister and I have had a kidney transplant due to this disease. Help me fight this disease for my nephew who has it and my daughter who was diagnosed with it last October. Also help me fight it before I have Grandchildren diagnosed with it.

This year, along with thousands of others across the country, I am walking to end polycystic kidney disease (PKD), one of the most common life-threatening genetic diseases affecting thousands in America and millions worldwide. There is currently no treatment or cure for PKD.

That's why I'm writing to you today – to ask for your support. Please consider making a donation to help me raise money for the PKD Foundation, the leading organization solely dedicated to finding treatments and a cure for polycystic kidney disease. We are devoted to finding the treatments that will allow millions of people to live longer, healthier lives.

Last year, Walk participants raised $1.8 million to benefit the PKD Foundation to help provide education and support services, both online and in local communities, so those living with PKD don't have to face it alone. Seventy-nine cents of every dollar raised supports research, education and support services, and advocacy and awareness programs. Because of your generosity, we are able to do the mission-critical work that so many PKD patients and families rely on.

* Two new drug candidates are being reviewed through our Drug Repurposing Program. They are in the initial screening stage to determine if there is potential to continue preclinical testing.

* The PKD Foundation is once again accepting research grant proposals. In early 2014, we will announce funding of grants focused on the basic science of PKD and the development of PKD therapies. The Foundation has previously funded more than 500 research grants from 1984 to 2009. We anticipate that 12, two-year grants will be awarded for $80,000 per year (per grant).

Please help us keep the momentum going. As someone whose life has been touched by PKD, this cause is very close to my heart.

You can make a secure donation online by following the link below. Please make your tax-deductible gift in support of the PKD Foundation Walk for PKD. Your generosity has never meant more than it does right now.

I've already made my contribution. Please join me.

Sincerely,

Phillis Chtisteson

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support PKD Foundation

******************************************************************************
Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:
Personal :

******************************************************************************

“Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” Lao Tzu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will there be a category in the BBQ cookoff open to duck? Could we submit duck-ribs or would we need to submit as a Chef's Choice?

Anonymous said...

Somebody posted a few posts back that Jack ticketed them for cutting down a Tallowtree yet I noticed there is a beautiful big pine tree that was cut down in the six or 700 block of oak with no permit at all and nothing was done about it About a year ago when they were bitching about dead trees Jack wouldn't let me cut down a tree that was dead in my yard or at least it was dying and nearly dead. Can anybody explain to me how the ordinances work in the city

Anonymous said...

You need an explanation about how permits work. Call the city and you can get the Oak street tree removal permit information you require for your silly little 'investigation'.

Then STFU and go cry in the corner with Blu Shields about how the world is not fair. boo hoo

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're the one who sounds like the crybaby. Perhaps you should go back to bed and wake up on the other side.