IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy Birthday



To my pal John Wright. Many more my friend. The Mayor say’s his broken leg is mending just fine thank you for asking.

To all you south paws out there, Sorry I missed yesterday. That’s right (pun intended) yesterday was International Left-Handers day. Why?

I checked my “smart phone” early this am for the daily weather update. Someone please explain to me what a “approaching stationary front” is.

Neighbor Danny is looking for a general handyman do fix a few things on his house. Anyone got a recommendation?

Saw an article on CNN about 22 can’t miss U.S. beaches. Not much news. Hawaii, California, Florida and you can argue with Alabama. A little surprised Louisisanna made the list but they do have a long coast. The bigger surprise was no Texas beach made the list. The biggest surprise is we were bested by Conneticut, New Hampshire, and, wait for it, Maine. Go figure. I’ll admit I’ve never been to Maine but I have been to South Padre. I cannot make that leap.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit disappoint Allan there were no recaps of the weekend in your post.

How does one flip a golfcart upside down into a ditch on the opposite side of the street? No names need to be mentioned. We all have come close to being "ditched".

I am torn about the men that were kicked out of the pool each day / night over the weekend. Should they have been arrested for disorderly conduct? Lose their pool membership? Or should they give seminars on how to do it? I know if I was the parent of the female guards they were rude and crude to, I would want them arrested.

Anonymous said...

shut your face nosey.

Anonymous said...

Has any one gotten the word about the government vehicle at city offices for days? I hate to go to CC to hear what's up.

Anonymous said...

Tried ASPEN over weekend. Yuck! Went in with friend..sat for 10 minutes until waitress finished her cigarette talking to friend at table next to us. Decided to order at bar..served white wine (warm) in a little plastic cup! really???? Doubt anyone will go back there. (well, have to get tatoos, buy wifebeater shirts and pack of stoogies..and be rude)

Anonymous said...

I tried Aspens this weekend. I really liked it. The smoke wasn't too bad and the beer was cold. I don't have all of the tattoos but then again the waitresses didn't have a bunch of gray hair and a saggy ass either. There was one grumpy old bag in there that wasn't going to be happy anywhere, but that comes with the territory.
I wish them the best whether grumpybritches goes back or not. It's a revenue stream for the city and that's what should count. It will be fun to catch a couple of football games with the neighbors this year.

Anonymous said...

....howdy - not grumpy and not female - was with a lady who is not grey or saggy..and 42..so, not sure you are talking to the correct "anonymous".. just saying. No oldsters in there - ??

Ty said...

does the owner of aspen know this blog exist? im sure he/she would like to know about the feedback and make changes before it hits reviews on the net.