IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Closer.....



About the meeting last night. It was mostly about ordinance enforcement. Enforcement across the board or amend the ordinance. This is the very definition of a slippery slope and falls squarely under the “be careful what you wish for” category. Not many new players mostly a bunch of our friends and neighbors on Narcissus and a long familiar complaint about stuff in the right of way. All I’m saying about this is, Craig, a quote from one of our pals, “ He acts like he owns the whole damned street and he doesn’t, it's got to stop”.  You may want to revisit your stance amigo. I’m done.

And here’s my 2 cents on the water shortage. Save what you can. Conserve where you can. Know that sooner or later we’ll get over this drought. Mother nature has one hell of a water delivery system and it’s been 5 years since we’ve had one but we all know it’s just a matter of time. Odds are your neighbors will stay the same so let’s not piss off our neighbors please. Unless you have to that is then all bets are off.

Club news: The lovely and talented Pamela Zuteck will not be able to Chair the annual Thanksgiving Dinner in November. Please help me spread the word, we are looking for a Chair for this event. She has left a great roadmap for the event including recipes, Staffing requirements and times. And back again is The A Team taking care of all things turkey related. Your Club needs you.

Yes, The Sandbar is still at odds with the WCID#12. That’s why there hasn’t been any action.

Aspen is getting closer though, Collen said she will let me know when they are ready and as soon as she does you will be the next to know.

I hear Josh from Froberg Farms in Alvin is managing the Farmers Market now. I know Josh, he’s a good guy and  I wish him all the best. Josh, I’ll see you Saturday.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.-Mahatma Gandhi

4 comments:

DaveC. said...

I was at schlitterbahn with Fisher and wyatt and the rest of the crew and we all had fun! slept like a rock! Adelia made a ton of sandwiches and like good growing boys they ate them all. Jan is an angle is seeing over 5 boys, blessings.

See ya all later

Dave C.

Anonymous said...

tired of the lack of enforcement of ordinances. real tired.

Adelia said...

I lived in Houston for a while when Ike kicked me. I lived in a place where the ordinances are strictly enforced. I planted yellow snapdragons and was told they weren't approved - had to pull them. the trash can could not be visible "at all" so when you could see the handle I was threatened with a ticket. They would have never tolerated my mural. Lets not scream for enforcement to loudly. Mediate baby!!!

james mago said...

Those are not ordinances, that was a Homeowners Association restriction. HOA's typically get bogged down in cosmetic issues, paint color,etc.

Ordinances are designed to protect the health and welfare, and public safety of a community. They need to be enforced, or removed from the city's law books. O/W, selective enforcement will lead to allegations of harrassment, and if you go back 8 years or more on this island, I am not sure that is far from the fact.

Do you really want 7 or 8 year old kids racing around in golf carts and high speed (30+) gocarts? Do you really want piles of trash dumped out at the curb hoping that it will someday get picked up? Do you really want vacant lots filled with trailers, boats, construction materials, etc. Do you really want extra and illegal signs of all types stuck in vacant lots?

Those are pretty basic issues, not HOA micro-management.

Jm Mago