IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tis' the season



Sorry I missed National Hot Dog Day. I hope my oversight didn’t cause anyone to miss out on the parades or other celebrations. It was yesterday. Did you know the Sara Lee Corporation made a 1,996 foot wiener in honor of the 1996 Olympics. It took over 2,000 buns to hold the huge hot dog that wrapped twice around the Georgia Dome field. Who knew? National Mustard Day is the first Saturday in August.

Talked to Vincent the other day, they are close to opening Aspen. All that’s left is to pass a couple of inspections from Jack and he seems positive all is in order. As far as the menu goes his bar manager said they are looking at serving sandwiches and finger food.

The construction is starting on Shore. No, it won’t be widened to the fabric. That’s a debris fence and has to be in place to keep junk from falling in the water. I did hear they are widening Shore a bit though, I just don’t know how much.

TD 4 is spinning up. I know it’s a long way away but if you watch the models most of them point to a path in the Gulf. It’s fun to watch them change daily. It’s peak season and now is the time to get ready.

I see someone took away the table that was up at the community garden. Probably just as well, with no umbrella it’s just too hot.

I got this from neighbor Copper Derry over on Cedar and it sounds awesome. … still pursuing my occupation and passion, Photographic printing.
The digital revolution has changed my industry, but I believe I've kept up with the change.
I have a large format printer, and using pigment base inks and premium papers and canvas, I can print just about anything and any size desired.
I would by very happy to print your "header" photo (or any other you own or have rights to), to any size you desire (resolution allowing) I'm hoping some good word of mouth around the Island might render some small jobs of the many photo's, graphics and sunset pic's, etc….”
I know there are a bunch of you photographers out there looking for something to do with all the fabulous shots you take, here’s an option. You can reach him at copperderrygraphics@comcast.net and as soon as I get his website link I’ll attach it over on the right with the others. Best of all He’s a neighbor!



“I can’t hear the noise in your head, Please keep it that way” Danae Miller
 

5 comments:

Roselyn said...

So glad you are promoting Copper Derry on Cedar. He does all my photo printing and does an excellent job. He has about 30 years experience. He just printed a huge 3 ft x 3 ft. alligator head for me that I sold to Floyd's Cajun Seafood on the Water at Harborwalk. It and 15 of my small photos will soon be installed into the downstairs marina front bar they will be opening soon. If you have not been there yet it's a wonderful experience, it's close to Bayou Vista and a short 20 minute drive from here. Used to be a private yacht club but Floyd's has taken it over and it's now open to the public.

Anonymous said...

Seriously? The Community Garden is being watered at 8:30 a.m. this morning. Seriously? Someone didn't get the memo.

Anonymous said...

Some people do what they want in spite of rules, ordinances, etc. Watering during off hours in NOT good. Was it our favorite couple?

Tom J said...

I believe you will find that the water comes from the tank trailer filled with water from the city's cistern used to collect rain water.

Adelia said...

the only semi good pics I have where a hobby when I was home with my new to 2 yr old daughter. I did it as a hobby and used a wonderful shop in Bellaire that taught me to develop and edit my own film. ALWAYS wanted to do old time animation. Maybe after I retire. Copper - can you create from slides?