IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Movie Night



Is this Saturday. We’re gonna see the classic “Jaws” and we’re going to watch it at the pool! Start time will be about 8:30 and there will be snacks available for purchase. Please bring some spare change to donate toward the cause. And yes, we have cleared it with the office. For this night only Non pool members will be allowed access. We will not prop the door open so be there before the movie starts or you’ll have to watch from outside the gate.

Chantal is getting a little more interesting. Just barely there but interesting just the same.

OK, You surely know by now we are under Mandatory Water Rationing right? I don’t know what the fine is but I know I don’t want to find out. You can read more at the WCID12 site here http://www.galvcowcid12.com
A lot of talk about putting our gray water to work. I’m all for it. Director Merryman  sent me a link to TCEQ. http://www.tceq.texas.gov/
If I can find anything I’ll post it here.

Thanks for coming out to the 4th Celebration and membership drive. You all rocked the Scholarship fund to the tune of $2500. And the Club raised almost as much in Dues. Now, as promised, I will begin contacting as many of you as I can find to join/renew your membership.

1 comment:

Adelia said...

Still used my reserve water today for the garden. I will water my grass tonight - after 10. Setting up the sprinklers today. Looks like more rain this weekend!! Yee hah! I am watching my neighbors house go up in the air. It is a slab house so it is interesting to see the process