IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Let it rain

I missed something at the meeting. I know I was there because I saw other people. What was the point the Empenada Lady was making? And what was Mr. Shields talking about? It sounded like a lot of whining from where I was standing. Did anyone in front hear what the complaint was?



This from Neighbor Steph:
In case you need some new info for the blog that does not involve water rationing or farmer's market complaints.  
  Bay Harbor Methodist Church has 160 kids on a list for school supply needs if anyone would like to adopt a child.  The list is really basic and should run you less than $30.  It is great ministry and is a lot of fun for those who actually miss the days of going to the dime store and picking out your cigar box and fancy new box of crayons with the sharpener built into the box.  They will also gladly accept cash/check donations and the church shoppers will purchase and assemble the supply bags for you.  If you are interested, you can email me at steph.haynes68@gmail.com.  Supplies are due back to church by 7/28, but anyone can leave supplies at my house and I will deliver for you.  Summer will be over before you know it (thankfully), so please help ASAP if you can.  
Make checks payable to:   BHUMC   (put school supply in the notes) 
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Stephanie Haynes
127 Queen Rd





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree with your first paragraph, AB. The contractor seemed like a teddy bear and the woman was meek and mild. Yet the "powers that be" had a strong strong police force and an attorney present.