IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, July 26, 2013

Happy Birthday to...


Ugh. I hate to even say this but Mick Jagger is …….70. Ugh! I think I just heard the last of my black hairs turn grey. Did you know the Stones were formed in 1962? Jumpin’ Jack Flash was released in ’66. Hope I didn’t rain all over your Friday buzz.

Hey a little follow up on Copper Derry’s stuff. Did you make it out to the Fourth Celebration at the Shelley Pavilion? If you did you probably strolled through the silent auction stuff. Remember all those awesome photos that were there? Those were donated by one of our very own Island photographers, the one, the only, Roselyn Pierce. And come to find out Copper did the printing! The next time you go to Floyd’s Cajun Seafood at Harborwalk look around, That’s more of this duo’s work. That’s some pretty impressive local talent.

Have you checked out the City’s new web site? Looks good. http://www.clearlakeshores-tx.gov/

Aspen is getting closer. I’ll stop by Friday for an update. Word on the street is we’re getting a pizza joint! Yep the building next to Bay Area Glass has pulled permits and I’ve seen some action there the past few days. How about that, Our very own Pizza Joint, I’m stoked, I just hope it’s true!

Have a great weekend Clear Lake Shores!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also saw the community garden getting watered this morning. Darn, some peeps don't get it.

Pizza within golf carting distance sounds awesome.

Anonymous said...

As prviously stated, the water is likely from the city's collected water supply. no harm done.
The waterer in question is doomed here. She was pitched from the Farmer's Market - ironicaly for bullying vendors. Word is that she's been thrown out of a community Facebook page becuase she doesn't play well without attaching others.
She is running out of forums in which to remind you all that YOU'RE INSANE AND SHE'S JUST TRYING TO DO GOOD IN THE COMMUNITY.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I did not see the "victim of all victims" watering. This man (smoking a cigar)was using the hose attached to the faucet.

It is good the city has a collected water supply. Smart thinking.

Anonymous said...

I have heard so many versions of what happened at FM I wish a witness or two would provide their observations.

Did he verbally and or physically assault a vendor?

Did she get arrested for stealing FM supplies?

I hope someone is watching the books to make sure she did not run off with any $$.

Anonymous said...

Just noticed the huge pile of rip rock behind Aspen. What's up?

Adelia said...

LOVE your picture Alan. I am going for the happy option. Would like an island restart here where we all post the positive things we are doing here. Lets not let the as they say on 'Life is Good' the 1% drag us down to their level. I have seen CLS at it's best - that is why I live here and give my time to keep it funky

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Adelia. Keep it positive. With that being said,
I like that you can get booted off our FB page for continuous attacking others with inappropriate and inaccurate comments. Jeff's made the rules for the page and pretty much people follow them. Thank you Jeff.

That is not the case on the blog. Our leader provides a forum for open comments. Even anon. comments. Venting is ok. In fact, all sorts of stuff is way ok. Thank you Allen. At the worst time in CLS politics, I credit the blog as being the most powerful forum in getting the right, sane, forward-thinking people elected to Council. Carlo took a stand at the last Council meeting on consistent enforcement of ordinances. Seems like another member is going out of his way to reinvent or skew ordinances to their liking.

Get to the Council meetings folks. Stay informed. Knowledge is power.

Adelia said...

Without seeming like I am being too positive I would have to agree right back. I LOVE that we have this forum to expose issues and explain our points of view. Wouldn't want to lose that ever. Just get tired of personal attacks. Being on CLS Life is good was allowing some to send "personal" notes to others on that page that were not friends.