IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Stuff




This from neighbor Steve:
See Space Station
Time: Tue Jun 25 - 9:12 PM
Visible: 4 min
Max Height: 48 degrees
Appears: NNW
Disappears: ESE



WW VI From the Omnipotent Eastern Commander
We will commence kicking Westie Butt at 1500 July 4th 2013. We will have conquered and enslaved the Westie Scum by 1900 hours and will retire in peace. As always, parks are neutral ground AND NO WATER BALOONS
Rules
#1.Safety.... A little civility will go a long way towards safety.  Too bad common sense aint so common anymore. When in doubt, STOP

#2. There will be no firing from a moving vehicle. That’s right no PICKUPS. I feel stupid just having to say this but there is a reason I have to.

#3. There will be no firing at a moving vehicle. NO. Not everyone wants to play.

#4.  No kids driving carts. It’s problem enough when it’s not WW.  I think the only way to encourage this with adults is to remind them of their cart insurance premiums.  Surely everyone knows you’re supposed to have liability insurance on their cart, right? We are supposed to have insurance aren’t we?  I know the $15/mo I pay isn’t going to break me.

#5.  No kids driving carts.  A cart is not a babysitter.  If you don’t have a license, no driving the cart. No holding the steering wheel while mom or dad pushes the pedals.  Run my automobile off the road again because you want to let junior hold onto the wheel while you press the gas and I’m calling your insurance to repair my damages.  Yes it happened – Had the Honda not had ABS, it could have been tragic.

#6.   Keep cart speed reasonable.  On a good day, my cart does 14 mph and I’m slow compared to most carts on this island.  You don’t need to put the pedal to the metal – it’s only water for Christ’s sake.

#7.  As a kid, Mom always told me to go outside and play in traffic whenever I was underfoot.  I knew she was only kidding.  We need to remind kids and adults not to play in the middle of the road.  There are a lot of non-combatants just cruising around not watching for people darting out in the middle of the road.  
This from the Chief



I like long walks,
especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.


2 comments:

Adelia said...

I have no turn indicators on my golf cart and didn't think that was a requirement. Do we really need those or will had signals do. Although when I signal for a right turn people usually wave back

Adelia said...

Make that hand signals