IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Rambling on

Just got back from a few days in Key West. As much as I miss that blue water, there really is no place like home. It took most of yesterday to recover. A few of our neighbors met up with us and the common recurring theme was "damn it's hot". Temperature wise, here was a few degrees over KW and while there was a breeze there it was just cooking'. We spent most of the time talking about the changes from when we were there last. Too many to list but the majority were for the good. In the meantime we absolutely slammed The Smallest Bar in Key West. No trip to KW is complete without a snorkel trip out to the reef. Our boat went to Sand Key and the lighthouse. It was the first time I've seen Spotted Eagle rays and that made the whole trip worth while. That was my birthday prezzie. Saw a few sharks. No idea what kind, I was more interested in them than they were in me. Once you get over that initial pucker factor they're neat to watch. Maybe next time I'll remember to take a camera. Probably not.

Civic Club meeting is Thursday. Come on out and see whats going on for the 4th Celebration. It's the Clubs annual membership drive and Golf Cart Parade so get ready.



That means WW VI is right around the corner. I understand the Eastern High Commander has summoned yours truly for a press release. More as I get it.

“The plum-colored night sky was shifting to pink to make room for the day, which looked as though it might turn out “glorious and whimsical,” as the Key West Citizen had promised.”
― Lucy Burdette, Topped Chef

No comments: