IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Flag Day!



In 1777 the Second Continental Congress formally adopted the Stars and Stripes.

And a Happy Birthday to our U.S. Army. 1775. My Dad was in the 82nd Airborne. Seems like yesterday…

I got a chance to talk to the Boy Scouts when they were putting up the flags. They still arrange for an “official retiring” of an old US Flag. I was glad to hear since I had a couple in my shop. So there you have it, Now you know how to properly dispose of your old tattered US Flag. Call the Boy Scouts.

WW VI is quickly approaching. There needs to be a change or two so get ready.

1 comment:

Adelia said...

Movie night tonight - "office space". I will have movie candy - yes there will be the famous junior mints and I am trying to find the Boston Baked Beans that were requested. I will also have popcorn. I believe Alan is bringing some soft drinks. All for donations going to the civic club. Remember to bring a little cash if you want to donate toward the cost of the Civic Club sound system. We will be able to use it for 4th of July parade, Drag race, Mardi gras and so many other events other than just the movie night. We can't just rely on Bachelors booming voice forever.