IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Another Hump Day


Looks like the Garage door fund is off to a trot. Thanks Roz for the donation. 

And speaking of donations , A great big thanks to the Braggs for  $50 donation to the Movie Night PA system fund. That was most awesome! 

From neighbor Craig:
Please put this on the blog. I will have a 50 foot lift on the Island this weekend. I will have it available for high work this Saturday , Sunday and Monday. So if you have some three story windows that need cleaning or some tree work that requires more than a ladder will handle call Craig at 281 300 3541. 


I have a complete soft top for a 97-02 Wrangler. Spice is the color, let's make a deal. Also, Solid wood Rooms2Go bunk bed with huge roll out storage drawers beneath.  $500 obo.



A Jack Daniels Fishing Story
I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms.
Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good bass bait.
image

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth
I grabbed him right behind the head,
took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit.
So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth.
image

His eyes rolled back, he went limp.
I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot.
There was that same snake with two frogs in his mouth.
image
Life is good in the south...

1 comment:

Jim Adams said...

Are we not supposed to mention the smell?