IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Saturday, June 29, 2013

HOT!

A huge shout out to my Father-In-Law! His ebook made the top seller list at Amazon UK in the water sports category!! You can read all about it on his blog Salty John, it's on the right hand side of this blog. Congrats John!

Fourth of July Golf Cart Parade. This years Grande Marshall is Suzanne Hubbard. She makes it look so easy. If you have any questions she is the one to see. Just like it says on the cover of the Islander Line up starts at 10:30 rolls at 11 and ends up back at the park as close to noon as they can. There are trophy's for First and Second place and a First Place for Kids. You must be a Civic Club member to win but not to be in the parade.


WATER WARS V

It seems the evil commander of the Eastern forces has escaped his alien abductors! He has declared his day of retribution to be Thursday, July 4th. But since he has a proctologist appointment he can’t start until 3PM and his mom told him to be home by 7. For a lot of reasons he holds the Westies responsible (he’s simple like that) and has declared Water Wars V ON! For all you newbies out there here are the rules. PLEASE share them with your children!!

No firing from a moving vehicle. That’s right no PICKUPS. I feel stupid just having to say this but there is a reason I have to.

No firing at a moving vehicle. NO. Not everyone wants to play.
No physical contact with the opposition. Unless there is a special invitation (wink).

No water balloons. I know they seem like a good idea but they are not and they leave a god awful mess.

All official parks are hereby designated DMZs. That’s De-Militarized Zone for Larry. That’s right ALL PARKS are safe zones.

No water balloons. If you hit me with a balloon I will hit you with a rock.

When this idea was hatched it was all about squirt guns. Not powered pumps that would make a fire fighter drool. While there is no “rule” about pumps and such keep that thought in mind when you are searching the Grainger catalog for inspiration.

Do I even need to say water only? Clean water only? Nothing you wouldn’t put in your mouth? I hope not…..

If you want to play, identify yourself and your target. Last year we used the three middle fingers ( ALL THREE BUD!) pointing straight up to signal W for west side of Clear Lake Road or the same fingers pointed sideways ∑ letting folks know you represent the East side of the Island. If you blast someone who is not playing you are on your own. Know that some of your neighbors have a very poorly developed sense of humor.

No kids driving carts. It’s problem enough when it’s not WW.  I think the only way to encourage this with adults is to remind them of their cart insurance premiums.  Plus the fact that I'll call the cops AND I will use this blog to rag your ass for a week.

No kids driving carts.  A cart is not a babysitter.  If you don’t have a license, no driving the cart. No holding the steering wheel while mom or dad pushes the pedals.  Run my automobile off the road again because you want to let junior hold onto the wheel while you press the gas and I’m calling your insurance to repair my damages.  Yes it happened – Had the Honda not had ABS, it could have been tragic.

Keep cart speed reasonable.  On a good day, my cart does 14 mph and I’m slow compared to most carts on this island.  You don’t need to put the pedal to the metal – it’s only water for Christ’s sake.

Do we need to remind kids and adults not to play in the middle of the road.  There are a lot of non-combatants just cruising around not watching for people darting out in the middle of the road. 

Did I mention NO WATER BALLOONS ? I mean it too. No DANG balloons. Spread the word.
WHEN IN DOUBT JUST STOP!

No comments: