IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Let's hear it for a Day of Rest.

What an awesome weekend! The Garage sale was a screaming hit. I got some space back in my minuscule shop, Went to bed with more money than I woke up with, Got to feed my inner Trekkie and topped it off with an English version of the Three Stooges. Awesome I say! For the first time in 8 years I got to participate in the Garage Sale. That was a ton of fun all by itself. Getting to meet new folks and visit with neighbors is almost always fun. Made some strangers day with great deals on my stuff and watching my son light up more than a few kids eyes selling some of his gently used toys. The little turd still managed to make over $100.
I wouldn't and don't consider myself a trekkie but I will confess to being on the edge. Yes, I seriously considered going to the Wednesday midnight showing of Star Trek with the rest of the Nerd Herd but the old man in me balked at the whole midnight thing. We got there 45 minutes early yesterday which got us close to the front of the line and that was a good thing. All I will tell you is I can't wait to buy the DVD in Blue Ray. MJ and W were extra tickled at the two guys my age they spotted in full Federation Uniforms. I could so be Scottie. Craig's List here I come…


Super Dave and Adelia got Movie Night all put together with help from the (I've been banned from mentioning the name) PA System. Thanks (I've been banned from mentioning the name). The Holy Grail is one of those movies with a cult like following that is almost more entertaining than the movie itself. Even W has seen it more than once at the ripe young age of 12. He had Mel in stitches when we got home reciting, with his best English imitation, some of the more memorable lines of the movie. He sounded remarkably like his Grandmother. The best part was listening to all the others. Neighbors, you need to know there are a few among you who can recite the movie word for word. I won't name any names but his initials are Danny Otto. Great job on Movie Night Dave! You too Adelia.

This from EDC:
NOTICE TO BIDDERS

Sealed BIDS for the construction of Phase IA - Clear Lake Shores Town Center Project will be received until 10:00 a.m., June 6, 2013, in the office of the City Secretary, 1006 South Shore Drive, Clear Lake Shores, Texas 77565. Bids must be received and time stamped by the City Secretary prior to the aforementioned time, when they will be publicly opened and read aloud at the Clear Lake Shores Club House, 931 Cedar Road, Clear Lake Shore, Texas 77565. Bidding Documents may be obtained upon payment of $75 (non-refundable) at the office of the Engineer, Cobb, Fendley & Associates, Inc., 13430 Northwest Freeway, Suite 1100, Houston, TX 77040, with checks made payable to Cobb, Fendley & Associates, Inc or at: www.civcasusa.com without charge. Documents can also be examined without charge at the office of the City Secretary.


Something I've been kicking around for quite some time is having a Guest blogger. Still a lot of kinks to work out but it could be fun not to mention interesting. What do y'all think?

Shout out to the folks that donated time, energy and materials to the Parks Dept. Yard sale. They made a couple of bucks for their worthy causes.

I have a huge stack of National Geographic's that need to find a new home. Any teachers out there that could use them as teaching aides? Let me know pronto as they will be headed for the dumpster early next week. Also we have an HP printer/scan/copy/fax machine that is in fine working order but not needed - free to a good home. 


I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
Douglas Adams

No comments: