IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

Make mine a Dos Eqquis por favor.

Got a neighbor asking where the nearest place to drop off "hazardous" materials. I assume paint but I guess it could be any number of things. There used to be a big place in Texas City but that was years ago. Any ideas out there?

Dennis, I do believe you out did yourself last night. What  great turnout and my hats off to the Level One Band. The had the whole Paul Shelley Pavilion rocking and rollin' to some of the best Motown ever offered. Folks if you missed it that was just too bad. 

Otto's bucket duck is a momma. They started hatching last night. Problem is The Big O  doesn't know what to do with them. I guess after the last one hatches lean the bucket over and let 'em out?

To whoever invited the white trash that parked up in the grass and then threw their empties in the grass, please don't invite them back.

Update from Neighbor Mary.If you are willing, would you please send an email announcement regarding a found object.
A metal (gold tone) encased compass was found at the corner of Birch and East Shore.  It may possibly be a retirement gift because it is engraved.  I have taken it to City Hall and given it to the administrative secretary.
Thanks
Mary Freeman


Enjoy whats' left of your weekend Clear Lake Shores.

4 comments:

Suz said...

The band was outstanding. I thanked Dennis for it last night too.
My feet are sore today, it's all good though.

Adelia said...

Someone left an I Phone on my front steps this morning. Thanks for the return but it is not my phone. Maybe it was in the street in front of my house. I think someone drove by looking for one at sunset last night. Belongs to Tad?

Adelia said...

Phone owner has been found. GOOD Karma all around. Love this place!!

suzanne hubbard said...

Today is the last day to early vote. There have only been approx. 120 votes so far. Not good.

City Council is tonight.