IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Good Saturday morning!

Looks like I need to apologize. Contrary to popular belief I do listen to my friends and neighbors. It was on my to do list and just when I was about to pull the plug on anon I got threatened. With an attorney no less. Well someone who lives at this address and does not handle stress with the style and grace i do turned off anon last night. So, to anon I'm sorry you were left with no voice for the past 10 hours. I have turned you back on. The person who threatened to sic a lawyer on me is not on the very short list of people who get to tell me what to do. I was also informed that a few events around the Island do not need to be advertised or championed by me or this blog. Again the point is missed. I don't mention anything on this blog for the benefit of anyone in particular as much as I do it as a gentle reminder to all our neighbors of the great opportunities we have available to us. Our Farmer's Market is a tremendous asset to us and the vendors and I do not give a rats tiny little puckered ass who runs it. It's our Farmers Market. This conversation could go on but I have better things to do and they all involve being outside.  I have to get this posted before my editor returns from her run. See you around the Island!

 Space Station Sighting!!
When:  Sat Apr 06 8:26 PM
Visible:  6 min.
Max Height:  50 degrees
Where:  Appears: SSW, Disappears: NE


Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.
Doug Larson

12 comments:

Adelia said...

Thanks again for leaving the blog up AB. Hopefully we can all grow up and move on. How cleaver of you to mention Bacon - you know how that distracts us. Enjoy the day all!!

Anonymous said...

Just Got this: See Space Station Tonight after Sunset !!

When: Sat Apr 06 8:26 PM
Visible: 6 min.
Max Height: 50 degrees
Where: Appears: SSW, Disappears: NE

SPorter

Anonymous said...

AB, I don't think we've ever met, but I have tremendous respect for you. I wish more adults on this island had the class and maturity that you do. You're stupendous.

Anonymous said...

Is Vern in a party coma? Why are those ropes and ugly orange cones still up?

Anonymous said...

Why hasnt Jen Jen taken them down didn't she put them up? Did she really threaten Alan with an atty because he wouldn't turn the anon button off? I guess she can say whatever she wants on the blog she detests but anons can't. I don't think she gets the whole freedom of speech thing.

Anonymous said...

Why is this girl over on Facebook rambling on with so much hatred about how negative this blog is?
The irony...
Why is she rambling on about how much she hates the anons when Rosylin clearly put her noame on the original offending post?
Again irony?
I suggest we have an island wide Jen Jen appreciation day! That should soothe her desire to be appreciated and achieve her goal of focusing on the good things she does instead of answering the simple question she was asked last week.
I still cant find where anybody is attaching the farmers market. Only Jennifer seems to see that.
Or, she wants to talk about her plight instead of blocking off public property.
Pitiful pitiful me or pefect politics?

Anonymous said...

That property is a complete eye-sore, even with it being blocked off. It looks like something Junkie Jackie would own.......He is "landscaping" his lot across the street so he can show the judge what a great citizen he is. Maybe Jen could hire him to landscape the City property as well. Next thing you know she will be defending it with a gun and declaring squatters rights.

Anonymous said...

Hurry Ronnie, lets go with town center and put the market and Jen out of their misery. Don't get me wrong I think the market is a great idea but its a shame Jen and David can do such a good job and screw it up so bad at the same time I don't get why someone would try so hard to make enemies in this community. She's made her bed now she can whine in it.

Anonymous said...

Jen is clearly missing the point. She is whining and crying and threatening citizens with attorneys because they exercise their freedom of speech but don't sign their name. Jen the point is you screwed up then failed to stand up to the community and let us know what was going on like it was none of our business. Can't you see you and David started this and are the root of the problem? If every anon could go back and sign their name to their posts it doesn't change anything about the issue itself. You have bitched and whined about what some are saying but not once have you pulled up your big girl panties and explained why you did what you did, under what authority or apologized for anything. At the end of the day it doesn't make any difference if we sign our names or not you did what you did simple as that. I doubt you understand what I am trying to say but there it is

Anonymous said...

Jen seems to be in denial that she or davidhas done anything wrong. I have a friend like her that is always fishing for a pat on the back or sympathy but never has a clue when she screws up. There are just humans like that and you can't get it through their heads they are wrong. So I think everyone is wasting their time trying to open her eyes. Both of them have alienated themselves from our community and that is a shame but no one can stop them from kicking themselves in the ass

Adelia said...

Speaking of kicking - don't we all think it is time to let this dead horse lie. We have elections coming up and this place is sooo much fun there has to be something else we can talk about. Did I mention Bacon? No I am not just defending anyone - I just hate to see things run into the ground. Before you know it someone will call for an investigation.

Jennifer Moon-Ruocco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.