IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, March 4, 2013

YUMMY!


Heads UP! This from neighbor Dottie on E. Shore....
Don't get "too comfortable"  in Clear Lake Shores.  I had my radio stolen out of m golf cart this week.  It was in my "garage" which is open to what ever.  Alan, please put this in your blog. 

Club meeting Thursday!


The Travis that is running is Travis Croft of Juniper. Son of Pat and Walker Croft. Oceanic Sailor and world traveller. We read about him in the Islander last year. Look it up , it's all online. Great story. We will never know who the other Travis is/was unless he wants us to. Oh well.


Help send a Stewart kid to D.C.!

Sweet Slice Boneless 6 lb. Spiral Slice Boneless 3.8 lb.
Name________________________________ Phone Number_________________________ Pick up Date___________________________ 
832-767-8726
Casey, Put me down for a six pounder. I'll bring you a check.


Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.
Robert A. Heinlein

4 comments:

Craig said...

That's good news on Travis. Sounds like he might be a good choice. Can't wait to hear from him.

Roselyn said...

Karen Mericle has posted to the Saturday blog, so don't miss it. Thank you Karen for still caring.

Craig said...

I guess I'll retract my last post. It does appear Travis is connected to NS. I have heard Debbie is too. It bothers me when folks show up at the last second to file their packet. I'm not sure why but it just seems strange. If the rumors are wrong about the NS connection, I hope they both post soon to clear things up for all of us. Roselyn was right , you need to go back to Saturdays comments and read Karens post. We lost a lot more than a city worker when we lost Karen. Travis and Debbie if you are reading this could you post a little bit about yourselves so we can get to know you? Why did you decide to run? Have you been active in our community lately? What goals do you hope to achieve while on council? What skills and talents will you bring to the table that will benefit our city? Come on out to the next party and shake some hands and let us get to know you or just stop by my house and introduce yourself. My door is always open

Craig

Roselyn said...

Is it true that Anthony was arrested and jailed Friday for driving Jackie Fullers Mercedes with a suspended drivers license? This would explain why he was unavailable to attend the party Saturday to solicit votes.

I still dont know who Deborah is.

Travis Croft did attend one council meeting last year and he was sitting and chatting with Larry Garst. The Islander last year said he was cruising the Azores and sending updates to Jean Garst to be published in the Islander.

Good luck to all candidates in the election, but I agree with Karen that we need to get to know our candidates.